Modpack Help

Cats1337

1 hour ago, JaariAtmc said:

I hope you are aware that your free mediafire link has already broken.

You zipped your modpack incorrectly, directly zip the bin/config/mods/resources folder.

I wasn't aware, I'm new to this stuff, never used mediafire before.
I have the a folder containing the bin,config,mods,resources folders that is zipped.
Am I supposed to zip something other than that?

Edit: How is my mediafire link broken? what should I use instead?

Edited by Cats1337
See 'Edit:'

1 hour ago, Cats1337 said:

I wasn't aware, I'm new to this stuff, never used mediafire before.
I have the a folder containing the bin,config,mods,resources folders that is zipped.
Am I supposed to zip something other than that?

Edit: How is my mediafire link broken? what should I use instead?

Yes, you have those zipped, however, your situation is that you zipped it like this: Zip > modpack > bin/config/mods/resources. You need to directly zip those folders, aka: Zip > bin/config/mods/resources.

For the modpack host, either selfhost it, use paid mediafire, or use free dropbox.

8 hours ago, Cats1337 said:

I tried selecting the files, and compressing them and it still does not load.

Updated download to dropbox

Edit: Do you have discord or something that you could assist me on? Add me: @C̷̶̷a̷̶̷t̷̶̷s̷̶̷#1337

Again, you didn't zip the folders in the correct way. Select the bin/config/mods folders -> Add to archive. That's the correct way of zipping.

Edited by JaariAtmc

7 hours ago, JaariAtmc said:

Again, you didn't zip the folders in the correct way. Select the bin/config/mods folders -> Add to archive. That's the correct way of zipping.

I don't really know what I'm doing wrong, do you have a tutorial video or something? that would help me a lot, I'm just too confused...

1 hour ago, Cats1337 said:

I'm using Mac. I select the four folders and click compress. Then I'm given a file called Archive.zip, is that not right?

Yes, that's the process. However, these folders are now added to a folder, and THAT folder gets zipped. And that's what's not working. That folder shouldn't be there. I should open your zip and immediately see the bin/config/mods folder.

1 hour ago, JaariAtmc said:

Yes, that's the process. However, these folders are now added to a folder, and THAT folder gets zipped. And that's what's not working. That folder shouldn't be there. I should open your zip and immediately see the bin/config/mods folder.

So if I unzip it 4 files should pop out instead of 1 file containing the 4 files?

So how do I make it so that the 4 just get zipped together so it's not 1 file > 4 files?

Edited by Cats1337

• 4 weeks later...