Dumb Question?

jonah-the-bear

Wouldn't using the lite pack imply you have a weaker computer that can't handle the full set, meaning a greater need for optifine?

The only reason it is called "lite" is because it doesn't have ready to go bukkit support. From what I understand it is essentially the full pack minus that detail.

Less mods less strain on computer less need for optifine and i agree with darthmoogle stupid question

You're dumb too. That's not the reason Optifine was removed. Optifine almost always noticeably improves performance on almost all systems. It would be in the modpacks, but the mod maker refuses to let any modpack maker add it to their pack.

You're dumb too. That's not the reason Optifine was removed. Optifine almost always noticeably improves performance on almost all systems. It would be in the modpacks, but the mod maker refuses to let any modpack maker add it to their pack.

Is that so? I heard it was because the Technic team wanted users to add it at their own discretion, since Optifine can really screw up some computers.

Is that so? I heard it was because the Technic team wanted users to add it at their own discretion, since Optifine can really screw up some computers.

Might be apart of it, and what Prolo said, but it's really a refusal on the modmaker's side that is problematic.

• 2 weeks later...

I think OptiFine isn't included in any modpack because the Ultra edition might not suit everyone. Some people might need other editions.

That said, my Minecraft experience isn't complete without OptiFine, so I always go the extra mile to install it. Definitely worth it. I can't stand playing without Better Grass, Better Snow and Connected Textures.