Sheep Disappeared!

SherryMcG

What pack are you playing ? It's been a while since I used Technic. (I mainly play on servers) but Technic has Mo'creatures mod that has an option in a seperate section of options the name of I can't remember. Something like global mod options or something.

Anyway. In those options is a button to allow despawn of vanilla mobs (including sheep).

If your playing Technic you may want to check that.

Note: Like I said it's been a fair while since I played Technic so my info could well be out of date. Maybe somene can confirm.

well, spawned sheep can/will despawn, but bred sheep should have remained.

They don't despawn, actually. Passive animals never despawn, at the cost of very rarely respawning. The glitch we're talking about is one which causes mobs to reload in random spots. That allows them to get in/through a fence when you reload a chunk.

EDIT: Forget what I said, VOOdoocat's correct. Mo' Creatures has an option to despawn vanilla mobs (all of them) enabled by default. Disable that and you should be safe.

Although, I'd recommend keeping it enabled until you find new sheep, as that will allow some animals to spawn close to your home.

They don't despawn, actually. Passive animals never despawn, at the cost of very rarely respawning. The glitch we're talking about is one which causes mobs to reload in random spots. That allows them to get in/through a fence when you reload a chunk.

EDIT: Forget what I said, VOOdoocat's correct. Mo' Creatures has an option to despawn vanilla mobs (all of them) enabled by default. Disable that and you should be safe.

Although, I'd recommend keeping it enabled until you find new sheep, as that will allow some animals to spawn close to your home.

It was my understanding that 1.4+ implemented passive mob despawning.

It was my understanding that 1.4+ implemented passive mob despawning.

I thought passive mob despawning was removed in Beta 1.8, when animal breeding was introduced(so that it would actually work).