MCPC+ - Bukkit Plugins on Tekkit Lite

FanaticNinja

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problems is that people doesnt look at this :S

This is much better than the other options for permissions and plugins ...... btw xauth and authme works :D

Its a great solution IMO. I do however notice a few quirks here an there, but they are minimal compared to how well the plugins work.

Excellent write-up, I will definitely have to look into this for my server. One question I have, though, is... How can people using unmodified Tekkit Lite (Which I believe is 1.4.6?) join a server running MCPC+ (Which is 1.4.7)?

And, would you recommend MCPC+ over BukkitForge? I haven't use BukktiForge myself, but I've played on servers using it, and it seems to be an atrocious failure.

I would recommend this to anyone running a tekkit lite server for the fact of native bukkit plugin support. It is also just as simple as you stated.

The one thing however, you might loose the nether world (im not sure how by default the nether world is stored with tekkit lite, but mcpc is just like a bukkit server). i have not tested this, at the time of my switch I never ventured into the nether.

On my server i went from tekkit lite (vanilla) to tekkit lite (mcpc) and the main world was exactly the same.

The only thing that i've seen crash my server has been the multiverse /regen command. Also orebfusacator does not work.

Also if you do decided to try it, its a good idea to keep up on the MCPC, and keep your server updated accordingly.

D3matt: TekkitLite is 1.4.7, and any unmodifed tekkit lite can connect perfectly!

If anyone would like to see my server with this setup (very new server, terrible upload speed, not a lot going on at spawn): hexcraft.no-ip.org

Also note: (this might just be a permission setting with [buildCraft] in my pex config, have not tested yet)

The only issue i have with tekkit related mods (specifically IC2) is the quarry will stop working on a server restart. Just have to set up the quarry again (tested with 64x64 quarry, not default quarry). But honestly having native bukkit plugins working is better than this hindrance.

Hey, i've found something that might be useful

1.) Industrial craft textures changing sides is do to Multiverse and chunk unloading and having multiple worlds. Tested and soon as i removed multiverse and world its been fine.

2.) IF Shift + R Click to remove Redstone Energy Cell does not work update to MCPC-Plus-1.4.7-R0.2-SNAPSHOT-79.jar http://build.technicpack.net/job/MCPC-Plus/

3.) Quarries are messed up after server restart, as stated above. Fixed with the newest SNAPSHOT like above.

Server: 0.5.5

MCPC: MCPC-Plus-1.4.7-R0.2-SNAPSHOT-79

Plugins:

Craftbook

Essentials

Essentials GM

Lift

Lockette

Mobspawnereggchanger

Showcasestandalone

Streelights

Vault

Worldedit

Worldguard

Capt-O

Use another multiworld handler. There's a lot of plugins which can make new worlds, TP to them using commands but nothing more. Utilize Mystcraft portals to travel between them easily, kinda like Multiverse Portals.

Why isn't it hosted on technicpack.net any longer?

Technical reasons mainly related to dependencies: MCPC+ heavily depends on the SpecialSource remapping tool developed by md_5 for NMS plugin support; he kindly offered hosting on his Jenkins so MCPC+ can automatically rebuild when SpecialSource is updated, pulling from the latest Maven snapshots (with MCPC-API as well). No anti-technic conspiracy here, promise. In fact we were originally going to keep both the build.technicpack.net and ci.md-5.net Jenkins active for MCPC+, and had them both online for a while, but because of the way the builds are kicked off the build numbers would necessarily desynchronize, resulting in confusion. The original hosting at Technic is very much appreciated but using md_5's makes more sense going forward.

So be sure to grab the latest builds from http://ci.md-5.net/job/MCPC-Plus/ from now on, wouldn't want any bug reports from old builds since fixed, the new builds are much better =)

• 2 months later...

I have a little annoying error, and maybe you would be so amazing to answer it. :)

Around the 8th-10th command I issue on the server kicks me with message:

playerLoggedOut.spam

It makes pretty hard to worldedit a map. :(

I have yet to find the configuration which controls this, as I deactivated all of my plugins which can effect chat-spam, and it still happening!

Server:

Tekkit Lite 0.6.1 with mcpc-plus-legacy-1.4.7-R1.1-SNAPSHOT-f534-L15.jar

Plugins:

AsyncWorldEdit.jar

AutoMessage.jar

BeTheMob.jar

ChestEnforce.jar

ClearLag.jar

CoreProtect_2.04.jar

Corruption.jar

creaturebox.jar

Essentials.jar