Add RedP to Voltz: How?

dadorso90

hello everyone,

i'd like to add redpower2 to voltz but i don't know how..

first i need Modloader and i'm not sure if it's already in the pack

second i have no idea how to get the config files and fix them according the others mods..

have you tried yet? can you explain me how to do it?

thanks a lot

(sorry for my bad english ;) )

Have you heard about the absolute bestest thing ever? Custom Zips!

Go search that, and mod away!

However, I must warn you that Volts is entirely built around Universal Electricity mods, so RedPower has very little place there.

i know i can use cutom zip but i don't know how install modloader! in my opinion the video isn't very clear..

you have the modpack.jar in the bin folder (inside voltz folder which you should be able to find). copy that for your custom zip and install anything in it like you would normally install to the minecraft.jar. That should probably work. I did the same for optifine which needs to be installed in the minecraft.jar.

you have the modpack.jar in the bin folder (inside voltz folder which you should be able to find). copy that for your custom zip and install anything in it like you would normally install to the minecraft.jar. That should probably work. I did the same for optifine which needs to be installed in the minecraft.jar.

i put in a .zip file "mods" folder with redpower inside but it doesn't work.. (i found that modloader is already installed)

so reassuming: i have redpower2 that originally is a .zip to put into the minecraft mods folder

now i have voltz with inside forge modloader that according to the description is the same thing..

i made a .zip named "mods" with inside the mod zip. finally i put all these in dropnox and i copy the pubblic link

it doesn't work.. where is my problem?

(thanks for all the time you're spending on my problem :) )

Well, all you have to do is take the redpower downloads and put them directly into the mods folder. That's it.

Fair warning if you get ID conflicts, of course. You just need to change the redpower ids in it's config file to unused ones.

Well, all you have to do is take the redpower downloads and put them directly into the mods folder. That's it.

Fair warning if you get ID conflicts, of course. You just need to change the redpower ids in it's config file to unused ones.

unfortunately it still doesn't work.. maybe forgemodloader is incompatible with redpower2.. any ideas?

so reassuming: i have redpower2 that originally is a .zip to put into the minecraft mods folder

now i have voltz with inside forge modloader that according to the description is the same thing..

i made a .zip named "mods" with inside the mod zip. finally i put all these in dropnox and i copy the pubblic link

it doesn't work.. where is my problem?

(thanks for all the time you're spending on my problem :) )

step 1) download redpower2 (there's more than one)

step 2) DON'T RENAME THE ZIPS

step 3) move the things you downloaded into the mods folder located at %appdata%\.techniclauncher\voltz\mods (don't know mac path)

step 4) fucking enjoy.

I swear to fucking god. installing mods is not hard at all with forge. what the fuck is wrong with you people?

I just did it. it took me 5 seconds and I didn't even have to change any block ID's.