Worst modpack wikis ever?

<eRager> Maicol9608

I've stopped playing Voltz because I hated one thing that was getting on my nerves. The wikis suck!!! I mean it's been almost 2 weeks since the update where the new centrifuge setup was added. For some reason I can't make refined uranium, it won't start when I've plugged it in and add the uranium ore. I don't know why and I try to check the wiki... Th wiki says the same thing is said 4 f***ing weeks ago!! There are no updates on the wikis, not the wikia wiki (not your problem but still) and the official Voltz wiki! FFS I try to play the game peacefully and if I don't know sometihng I try it by my self or check the wiki but now I can't!

And on the 2nd day of the internet they said

"Let there be a search bar"

"For those that come after us will surely need it"

No pun intended on your part man.

Check this out- http://forums.technicpack.net/threads/%E2%98%85-new-voltz-tutorials-%E2%98%85-a-comprehensive-guide-new-update-how-to-set-up-bukkit-server-teleporter.36089/

Tactical Lion has been making leaps and strides providing some top notch quality guides.

I hope this helps.

And on the 2nd day of the internet they said

"Let there be a search bar"

"For those that come after us will surely need it"

No pun intended on your part man.

Check this out- http://forums.technicpack.net/threads/★-new-voltz-tutorials-★-a-comprehensive-guide-new-update-how-to-set-up-bukkit-server-teleporter.36089/

Tactical Lion has been making leaps and strides providing some top notch quality guides.

I hope this helps.

Thank you, finally a useful and non-retarded comments that I already commented about in my first thread. Thanks dude!

There is one more thing people have not said here that could help you. And that is to simply come here and ask nicely if anyone knows how something works and not go off on a rant about a wiki managed by unpaid gaming enthusiasts who are devoting their time to make something for you and everyone else here. If this were a large software developer with many staff members and a budget to hire people to maintain a current running instruction manual then I can understand the attitude.

And going round implying people are retards because you don't like their answers is hardly mature... And not likely to get you many replies here in future either.

So if you need something and cannot figure it out on your own then just ask nicely in future and avoid lambasting other people while you're at it. Because surely someone here will know how something works.

First of my comment about them being retarded is hardly immature either because I don't need to know about something that I already know about and even posted from the start. Either lazy or retarded I don't care what, but still I don't need to know stuff I already know.

Second, if they use so much of their time unpaid to make these modpacks and don't do a proper wiki (takes barely 2 days to make) then the modpack creation was a waste of time because people tend to get pissed when they can't find out how to do stuff and tries to check the wiki but the wiki page about the item/function doesn't even exist. This continues in a chain reaction ending with people stop playing the modpack. The wiki is a fast and easy and even time saving way of teaching people how to do stuff or know more about stuff, it's much more time consuming to either for the developers or other users to write on over 20 threads how to do this and that, or people search half the Google database to find the thread.

Anyhow while I'm at it I can ask a question...

How does the centrifuge works exactly in detail? And the wire mill?

And another question which is more of a technical issue...

When I update to a new version some items and blocks disappear and some goes invisible and if I break them the game crash. What is causing this? Any ideas? Hmmmm...

I've stopped playing Voltz because I hated one thing that was getting on my nerves. The wikis suck!!! I mean it's been almost 2 weeks since the update where the new centrifuge setup was added. For some reason I can't make refined uranium, it won't start when I've plugged it in and add the uranium ore. I don't know why and I try to check the wiki... Th wiki says the same thing is said 4 f***ing weeks ago!! There are no updates on the wikis, not the wikia wiki (not your problem but still) and the official Voltz wiki! FFS I try to play the game peacefully and if I don't know sometihng I try it by my self or check the wiki but now I can't!

I see your point! What do Atomic Assembelers and Cranes do?? Seriously, the UE and the Voltz wikis are the same!!! HHHEEELLLPPP

First of my comment about them being retarded is hardly immature either because I don't need to know about something that I already know about and even posted from the start. Either lazy or retarded I don't care what, but still I don't need to know stuff I already know.

Second, if they use so much of their time unpaid to make these modpacks and don't do a proper wiki (takes barely 2 days to make) then the modpack creation was a waste of time because people tend to get pissed when they can't find out how to do stuff and tries to check the wiki but the wiki page about the item/function doesn't even exist. This continues in a chain reaction ending with people stop playing the modpack. The wiki is a fast and easy and even time saving way of teaching people how to do stuff or know more about stuff, it's much more time consuming to either for the developers or other users to write on over 20 threads how to do this and that, or people search half the Google database to find the thread.

Anyhow while I'm at it I can ask a question...

How does the centrifuge works exactly in detail? And the wire mill?

And another question which is more of a technical issue...

When I update to a new version some items and blocks disappear and some goes invisible and if I break them the game crash. What is causing this? Any ideas? Hmmmm...

I really doubt the modpack creators want to sit there writing up lines and lines of information about the mod, when instead people could just try using google.

I did a google search for voltz centrifuge, 5th link down and theres your answer.

http://forums.technicpack.net/threads/1-0-13-centrifuge-extra-slots.38783/

Regarding your invisible blocks issue, when you update are you using the same world? If so this may be the problem. You may have to start a new world to fix it.

I see your point! What do Atomic Assembelers and Cranes do?? Seriously, the UE and the Voltz wikis are the same!!! HHHEEELLLPPP

Thanks for the response I appreciate it

I really doubt the modpack creators want to sit there writing up lines and lines of information about the mod, when instead people could just try using google.

I did a google search for voltz centrifuge, 5th link down and theres your answer.

http://forums.technicpack.net/threads/1-0-13-centrifuge-extra-slots.38783/

Regarding your invisible blocks issue, when you update are you using the same world? If so this may be the problem. You may have to start a new world to fix it.

Thanks for response. Regarding the my invisible blocks issue, are you telling me I have to start an entirely new world and start everything all over again because they updated the modpack? Because that's bullshit! In Tekkit when I updated I didn't have to create a new world, in Yogbox I didn't have to create a new world... Then why do I need to in Voltz, it makes no sense? Please explain this in an exact and detailed way so I can understand why the f***k I have to create a new world when I didn't have to do it on other modpacks.

Thanks for response. Regarding the my invisible blocks issue, are you telling me I have to start an entirely new world and start everything all over again because they updated the modpack? Because that's bullshit! In Tekkit when I updated I didn't have to create a new world, in Yogbox I didn't have to create a new world... Then why do I need to in Voltz, it makes no sense? Please explain this in an exact and detailed way so I can understand why the f***k I have to create a new world when I didn't have to do it on other modpacks.

Voltz is very early beta. The mods are still changing on a constant basis. It's not super complicated. Now take your over-entitled attitude elsewhere.

Oh, and by-the-by, Wiki entries are USUALLY not made by the software developers, they're made by users. The fact that there's an official Voltz wiki at all is a testament to how far out of their own way the voltz modders have gone, just to benefit the players.

Thanks for the response I appreciate it

Look at it this way. As they update the mod pack, they are introducing and removing blocks. This means changing of item IDs based on the other mods. If the item ID of a block is changed, im pretty sure it will somehow corrupt it. This used to happen all the time in Minecraft updates. New update on minecraft = new world for most people. Thats my knowledge of it anyway, could be wrong.

So technically, as the modpack develops, I will have to destroy one block, the game crash, start it up and destroy another one, it crashes again, and so on? And I hate to cheat the lost items back? It's very hard to play legit this way...

Voltz is very early beta. The mods are still changing on a constant basis. It's not super complicated. Now take your over-entitled attitude elsewhere.

Oh, and by-the-by, Wiki entries are USUALLY not made by the software developers, they're made by users. The fact that there's an official Voltz wiki at all is a testament to how far out of their own way the voltz modders have gone, just to benefit the players.

If you don't like "over-entitled attitude" *cough, Bullshit, cough*, then why do you even bother looking through the thread? You can use the time and energy to do something more useful than whining because people don't like when things (in my case nothing ever in my entire life) doesn't work as they should.

People like Tactical Lion and WaterWorksGuy are a huge asset and should be treated as gods because people like them don't whine about others... They help

So technically, as the modpack develops, I will have to destroy one block, the game crash, start it up and destroy another one, it crashes again, and so on? And I hate to cheat the lost items back? It's very hard to play legit this way...

You don't have to update every time something changes.

If you don't like "over-entitled attitude" *cough, Bullshit, cough*, then why do you even bother looking through the thread?

I'm a moderator, numbnuts. I have a psuedo-obligation to wander the community correcting people and checking on the community.

You can use the time and energy to do something more useful than whining because people don't like when things (in my case nothing ever in my entire life) doesn't work as they should.
Oh, you mean like moderating server threads and dealing with reported posts? OH WAIT.

Now, this is your official warning to cut out the whining. Your questions have been answered, and at this point you're just behaving like a recalcitrant child.