GreenWolf13

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://forums.technicpack.net/threads/modular-powersuits.37828/

Hi.

Let me tell you a story:

About three months ago in the #technic irc channel GreenWolf13 had said (I'm paraphrasing) "trans people are subhuman". powercrystals, an OP in the channel, asked why. For those of you that know how these conversations go it went exactly like you assume. GreenWolf got defensive, and in private was trying to explain himself to powercrystals. Instead what he did was piss powercrystals (and the rest of the ops/mods) something fierce, so he was banned from the irc. He also kept pushing it with powercrystals, making himself look even worse.

Yesterday, I was asked why GreenWolf wasn't banned from the forums, and I defended him because he hadn't broken any forums rules. Until he asked MachineMuse why she didn't like him, and she told him, and he (yet again) brought his opinion up, but this time wrapped it up in the 'but I'M persecuted for being ME' line, which I'm sure you guys have all seen. He wasn't silenced because of his opinion, he was banned for throwing around a bag of dicks (irnoically enough incompatible with the teachings of the Catholic church) and his words are still there, and will remain there for everyone to read.

Point is, he kept pushing it and couldn't even backpedal correctly. His ideas of trans people (or any other sub culture that may or may not be inside societal norms) being mentally deficient in some way is wholly incompatible with this community and anyone with a brain, heart, or spark of rational thinking. He further pushed it by trying to play it off like he was the one being persecuted and prop up his church as the reason, instead of critically examining why stating "facts" about the mental health of well-adjusted people who don't fall in line with the most superficial of details might piss off rational people.

powercrystal's irc ban was justified, and me banning GreenWolf13 yesterday is also justified. If this bothers you then I'd suggest examining your own thoughts on it. If you still feel like we were being harsh on GreenWolf even after running it through a "Being a human being" then I suggest you get bent. This is no place for hate of that kind no matter how many barriers you try to put between yourself and toxic opinions.

That is very true.

You're good for now ysh? Because it's 1:11am over here and yesterday I've been partying till 6am: sleepy sleepy time for me...

I would like to ask you something, is there any possibility of adding a model that I made for a mob in the mod?

There is certainly a possibility,please elaborate. I'm interested in your mob.

It is basically a dragon i made as a request made by someone on the forum. I can make some dungeon like textures for blocks if you could make a lair for it. Here goes the image:

draghiboustextured1.png

It is basically a dragon i made as a request made by someone on the forum. I can make some dungeon like textures for blocks if you could make a lair for it. Here goes the image:

draghiboustextured1.png

By me, to be precise. But good luck with him looking into this, what with him getting jailed.

draghiboustextured1.png

That is one sexy model, I like it! I'll have to get into custom-mobs-in-custom-dungeons-spawning then, it shouldn't be too hard. I'll keep you posted on that. This will most likely be implemented. :)

The priorities right now are the cleanup and 1.5.1 port though.

That is one sexy model, I like it! I'll have to get into custom-mobs-in-custom-dungeons-spawning then, it shouldn't be too hard. I'll keep you posted on that. This will most likely be implemented. :)

The priorities right now are the cleanup and 1.5.1 port though.

I have some ideas for the dungeon such as this mob protecting an altar with a good treasure and making some small guardions for the rest of the dungeon. I'll have to spend some time on the models and the ideas first.

I have some ideas for the dungeon such as this mob protecting an altar with a good treasure and making some small guardions for the rest of the dungeon. I'll have to spend some time on the models and the ideas first.

Sure! I am looking forward to what you come up with! But now, I sleep. ;)

Ok so the model of the guardions are done:

guardiannotexture1.png

Feedback is appreciated.

Yay! Tunnelers! Looks cool, have you added joints?

If you stay true to the whole "bad things when you overuse magic" then that'd be a wonderful addition to it.

Yup, that will be implemented.

I do not think that you can make joints using techne.

To make proper animations, you have to create a formula (sinusoid). Without those blue spheres, minecraft doesn't know where to apply the formula, which would be problem, as I honestly don't want to see a dragon or a guardian moving and attacking without animations.

To make proper animations, you have to create a formula (sinusoid). Without those blue spheres, minecraft doesn't know where to apply the formula, which would be problem, as I honestly don't want to see a dragon or a guardian moving and attacking without animations.

Techne is just for making the models, that funtion isn't in the programm.