MageCraft - Alpha 0.2.1d

GreenWolf13

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like that corrupted dimension is going to look pretty good. What style are you going to go for with it? Plan and normal, just purple? Skylands maybe? Overgrown ruins?

Anything that is wicked and distorced. That's what I wanted the impact magic has in the world to be like. I was thinking of having some species of mobs just coming out of the caves to get you. A land full of holes where creatures can come from. I'm looking into making a Flying mob so that literally nowhere is safe.

May I show where I got the shadows idea from?

It also shows that you have to kill the boss of all the shadows, which causes them to disappear, sort of. Well actually you kill the boss and disable the source of the corruption/problems which caused the bad stuff to happen.

That's the plan but it would only be fine for some time. Every time you abuse magic you would be thrown into the corrupt world.

Someone said ideas?

Endermen are both scouts and naturally attracted to dimension cracks. Ender Pearls soak up this energy like a Russian in a room full of Vodka. Enough Enderpearls, fully charged up can essentially plug holes right in the skin of the Universe.

It could be that originally, the End was a beautiful place until the Enderdragon came, and his ability to convert matter into energy and said energy bleeding into the Endermen forced them into their current, twisted shape. They also developed similar features as the Enderdragon. (Perhaps they were imprinted with his DNA?)

ORRR

I'd like it if Endermen were really trying to absorb the Dimensional energy to heal/help.

Maybe the End is some sort of Dimensional Limbo.

Tossin' ideas round like it ain't no thang.

Wasn't paying attention and ended up accidentally posting this in Kitty Jail, so re-posting it in its proper place.

Okay, I don't think you really need more ideas on that corrupt overworld, but I came with an alteration on some of the ideas, so what the heck. So basically, once you abuse magic too much, a corrupt overworld biome spawns in your location, (Along with that dragon, and possibly the chasms could spawn too). And it'll spread slowly through the rest of your world until the dragon is killed. Once it's killed, it'll stop spreading, but the biome will remain, and you can make some kind of splash potion or holy water or whatever that removes a bit of the corruption upon use. Although, perhaps you shouldn't make the corruption entirely negative. Maybe you could give some of the mobs drops that are useful for crafting certain items and potions.

That would be a pretty awesome idea. Perhaps instead of actually affecting blocks, the dimension seeping into the overworld could just mean corrupting mobs.

What about this: the entity of magic senses a disturbance. A wizard is abusing the entities gift, therefore the entity of magic locks him up in another dimension to prevent the wizard from disturbing the mortal word

Mark, why don't you make your own thread for this?

What about this: the entity of magic senses a disturbance. A wizard is abusing the entities gift, therefore the entity of magic locks him up in another dimension to prevent the wizard from disturbing the mortal word

It's still the same mod though. Shouldn't it stay here? Or should it change spot cuz it changed the coders?

its easier to keep everything organized if the op can add changes to an easily findable place-the op, which mark can't.

True, also the winged beast is almost finished (model no textures yet). Might go with an even darker tone. I want this creature to be the most horrible thing you can see in the sky.

Holy be-jesus, did I accidentally telepathically tell you to post that?? That is exactly the clue of all the crap that I've thought of today! Ah man, I can't wait till the problems with the 1.5.1 build are fixed to start implementing that.

And yeah, you're right. I'll do it right now.

True, also the winged beast is almost finished (model no textures yet). Might go with an even darker tone. I want this creature to be the most horrible thing you can see in the sky.

Oooh I like the sound of that!