GreenWolf13

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks neat, what's it gonna be?

I will leave this idea, with the new image of the mob with textures:

antlionwithtexture.png

So Magecraft is about magic and the abuse of it. If you abuse power, bad things will happen. Why not make a version of the Overworld called Corrupt Overworld that has these kind of mobs on it. If you find the dragon and kill it you will get an item that will get you out of that world and back into the normal one. I can make more mobs and blocks for it if you guys agree with this.

I will leave this idea, with the new image of the mob with textures:

antlionwithtexture.png

So Magecraft is about magic and the abuse of it. If you abuse power, bad things will happen. Why not make a version of the Overworld called Corrupt Overworld that has these kind of mobs on it. If you find the dragon and kill it you will get an item that will get you out of that world and back into the normal one. I can make more mobs and blocks for it if you guys agree with this.

I like your texture style ^^

That's a neat idea, like: you abused your power so much (ignoring the bad effects in the overworld) you get teleported into this nasty dimension with a buttload of bad guys in it, where the only way out is a portal activated by a certain drop from a dragon.

Could you make the Guardians (or corpser, depending on your perspective) a bit bigger? They'll look even scarier that way.

I like your texture style ^^

That's a neat idea, like: you abused your power so much (ignoring the bad effects in the overworld) you get teleported into this nasty dimension with a buttload of bad guys in it, where the only way out is a portal activated by a certain drop from a dragon.

Could you make the Guardians (or corpser, depending on your perspective) a bit bigger? They'll look even scarier that way.

I could but it would take me some more time, and I could make more mobs using it. Games like half life and gears use great creatures that I can easily adapt to minecraft.

How about abusing magic will basically start to make both the overworld and corrupt overworld start to merge, creating a part of the overworld which is corrupt, perhaps a bit like TC2 taint, except not naturally spawning and not block destroying/corrupting - just really bad effects such as dangerous creatures spawning or something.

How about abusing magic will basically start to make both the overworld and corrupt overworld start to merge, creating a part of the overworld which is corrupt, perhaps a bit like TC2 taint, except not naturally spawning and not block destroying/corrupting - just really bad effects such as dangerous creatures spawning or something.

I actually thought of that, based on terraria which is you bassically need to kill the dragon to stop the corruption from spreading longer, but it would only work for some time, then the corruption would start spreading again. I can retexturize the dragon too fit the theme of the corruption too.

Yeah, that was the original idea, but it seems a bit too much alike TC3's flux effects to me. Let me know what you think is the best though, if there's a clear majority that wants this implemented in manner X then we will be happy to do so over manner Y.

That would be pretty awesome. You could have an epic description like this:

However, using the arts of magic are not without dangers, the most prominent one being the corruption of the area around you. Using magic weakens the barriers between dimensions, and the nearest dimension to ours... Is no fairyland. Use too much magic too fast in the same area and this dimension, widely known as the "Corrupt underworld", will begin to seep into ours. Only rebalancing the local background magic can release our dimension from the cold grip if the Underworld, but this cannot be achieved without traversing the Underworld itself to slay a mighty creature. The sudden disappearance of a magical being large enough will create a vacuum of magic, which will lower the background magic levels and pull the dimensions apart.

And Markarthian, it could basically be a "corrupted" area surrounding a tear in dimensions - not necessarily a copy of flux. It would be nice if there were less harsh effects of overusing magic, such as poison effects and summoning creatures too.

I was more thinking of some kind of shadows taking over the physical bodies from animals or just blocks, forming a huge slender body. You can only kill those using a very special sword or some kind of holy splash potion.

And holy water wouldn't be that easy to make. You'd have to "bury" bones for that or whatever is holy enough.

And holy water wouldn't be that easy to make. You'd have to "bury" bones for that or whatever is holy enough.

I might be wrong on this one but I don't think murdering someone and burying him is a holy act.

I was more thinking of some kind of shadows taking over the physical bodies from animals or just blocks, forming a huge slender body. You can only kill those using a very special sword or some kind of holy splash potion.

That actually goes nicely with prolo's idea: the area that is corrupted will have affected blocks and a tear and evil mobs and stuff, and the area around that, normal mobs will grow restless, become stronger etc... because of the shadows.

I might be wrong on this one but I don't think murdering someone and burying him is a holy act.

burying is actually quite holy, you're honoring someone when you bury him.

EDIT: YES! To that description prolo, I like it a lot ^^

Small creature, is supposed to explode and spawn on packs.

Houndeye

Are you sure you don't mean Snarks there? It's what I instantly thought of when I saw it.

Oh, and Gonome maybe? (Assuming you've played OF too, of course)

Ok the model is finished:

tickeye.png

Aww that's cute, I'm liking everything I see.

What would you say if I asked you if you could do all the models MageCraft is going to need? (You're btw, on the credits list :P)

A question for you guys: would you want these mobs added in the next update, but spawn just like any other mob (totally ordinary, no special dungeon or something like that), or would you rather wait until everything is ready, meaning they'll spawn like intended at the right time/place, etc?

Aww that's cute, I'm liking everything I see.

What would you say if I asked you if you could do all the models MageCraft is going to need? (You're btw, on the credits list :P)

It's okay for me, btw updated an image of a model, check it out and tell me which one is better the old one or the new one:

antlionwithtexture2.png