MageCraft - Alpha 0.2.1d

GreenWolf13

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Check out the Kitty Jail thread, that's been explained there by the mods.

On topic, how's the texturing situation going, Greenwolf? I'd love to add MageCraft to my pack, but I'm still waiting for the textures to be done so it's fully usable.

I have textures for most of the items. I'm currently waiting on textures for Mithril and Adamant, and High Essence. Also need a texture for the Alchemist Charge. Here's a link to the Low Essence texture for anyone who wants to see what it looks like: http://puu.sh/25bsj

That looks quite awesome. Recolouring it, and perhaps a golden glow around it could make it high essence. I'd try making it myself, but I'm on an iPad with nothing to draw on it, and not exactly artistically talented...

I have textures for most of the items. I'm currently waiting on textures for Mithril and Adamant, and High Essence. Also need a texture for the Alchemist Charge. Here's a link to the Low Essence texture for anyone who wants to see what it looks like: http://puu.sh/25bsj

I've made the sprites.

Adamant is green, mithril is blue. One of the two links has darker ingots, pick whichever one you like:

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/sg8uzvjg2qg9wrz/Mithril Adamant.png

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/stqh14umhnxzjvb/Adamant mithril.png

It'd be cool if you could melt down essence and store it in RC tanks, for example.

God, I'd love that.

Are you physic? Because I've been mulling over the idea of liquid essence. Basically, you'd have a block that can turn items into liquid essence, or essence into liquid essence. This cold then be pumped into another block that can make items using that essence.

Of course, this is all hypothetical. I'd also have to find a way to balance it while still making it worth building and using if you have an alchemist catalyst already...

I'd save the liquid awesome for an another round of coding. Besides, I wanna bucket that out into a pool and bathe in it, on an hourly basis. So I really want you to do it right when you're ready for it. :D

Right now it' just an idea. It'll probably go in after I finish perfecting the basic alchemy system (since this would be advanced alchemy) and the basics of the spell casting system. It might be the foundation for a bunch of different machines, like an essence cooled/powered engine (for making MJs) or an essence powered teleportation system.

Hmm, yes, I have ideas for this.

Brilliant minds think the same, do they not!

I like the idea of the one-use catalysts, stack of 16 is nicer, IMO especially for items like that. Special, too special for just a stack.

Speaking of which, do Ender pearls smelt in to Essence?

Another thing is, how many types of Essence are there?

Teleportation is always nice, perhaps on short distances (300 blocks max?) it uses low essence and beyond that it uses high?

I've got a ton of ideas, if you need any..

If I recall there's two essences? I'm going off 0.2 right now, my code copy of 0.1 has three in it.

That would be correct. There are indeed 2 essences. Oh, also, if you want a copy of the latest source, I'll see what I can do about getting you a copy. I really need to get a GitHub working.

Oh and Green, I think anyone'd use the liquid essence, especially if they have some sort of tank installed. If this was much more advanced, then you could have the essence being manipulated in some way.

Perhaps you could convert it to evil version of essence.

Yawn, ALL of this has already been done, don't see anything unique or fun in this. This is like a less in depth, slightly more boring combination of basic parts of ee3, ee2, and ars magica mod. Think of something new. I dunno, make a mod about a lumbering giant as tall as the cloud level, who starts at the co-ordinate origin after the first night and constantly but slowly moves towards the players co-ordinates. It finally renders when the background calculations for it put him close enough to be in chunks loaded by the player, and unleashes explosive block breaking hell upon your base if you ever stick in one place too long. There, unique idea, took me about 40 seconds.

Yawn, ALL of this has already been done, don't see anything unique or fun in this. This is like a less in depth, slightly more boring combination of basic parts of ee3, ee2, and ars magica mod. Think of something new. I dunno, make a mod about a lumbering giant who constantly moves towards the player, finally renders when he's close enough to be in chunks loaded by the player, and unleashes explosive block breaking hell upon your base if you ever stick in one place too long. There, unique idea, took me about 40 seconds.

Yawn. Doesn't MoCreatures already have like three mobs that do this?

Making judgement on a mod that isn't complete is a very silly thing to do. I haven't even revealed half of my plans for MageCraft. If you knew what I had planned, your butt would spin. New power generation sources, an in game guide npc, a complete overhaul to the way the basic essence system works, new dungeons, a liquid essence based advanced alchemy system, a new system for automated mining, new methods for storing items and liquids. All of these things, and more, are going to be in MageCraft. If you don't want to play my mod, that's fine, your loss, but I'd like to ask you to reserve judgement for when it's finished

Rifts

There are four types of rifts.

Basic Rift, also known as a Wizard's Child. They suck up all utilized magic in the world and output it tame (Not really tame. But better than letting it manifest into lightning and ripping holes in reality.) ways. Crops can take longer to grow, fires might start, and water can spawn. Worse things can happen, but that's the basic thing.

Next, you have the Infernal Crack, also known as "WHY!!!"

These will spawn pigmen like no other. It absorbs magic again and outputs in more malign ways. Some theories say this is because the hole is to the Nether, or rather, so close that it cannot escape into the Nether, so it stores it and curses you tenfold. Some theories say the evils of the Nether go into your house, as they hope beyond anything to find a way to the original world.

Lava can spawn, ghast fireballs spawn, lava slimes. Fires spring out, all sorts of ancient spells and evil leak out. (I.E. you could get swiftness in a RARE chance, it's more likely to get withering or something.)

The Endish Void also known as, well, Fear.

Run. Move from this rift, get literally faaaar away from it. You will have like, sixty endermen in your house per day. Also, the End is a brewing pot of Thaum. You will be afflicted with every curse. Slowness, Weakness, both Mark V.

Endish Rifts are always near End Portals. They rarely spawn away from them, but 67% of the time you'll see a Endish rift at a Stronghold/above a Portal.

Infernal Cracks can also appear if you abuse some sort of Nether-ish device.

Remember, these cracks (Except the Basic Rift) spawn when the pathways to this place is weak.

Basic Rifts RARELY can be created, as they're really pocket dimensions with a pathway to your base. Maybe you can create one if you tried.

Basic Rifts have a higher chance of occuring in or around those Village towers (I guess they are churches?) and in Witch Huts. Also all the pyramids!

Imprints

Imagine a deep imprint of utter magic into the earth itself.

These imprints bleed epic-ness. They bleed out Thaum, so you think. In reality, this is an odd, broken form of Essence, converting to Thaum, (Make up why.)

But, you can fix this form of Essence. It is a older, more powerful form of Essence called Imperial. The Imprints will break down into High Essence, then into Low. After that it produces nothing (Maybe a Unit of Thaum per day.)

These are usually found in Witch huts, or Nether Fortresses. (Also on a mob spawner. Who knows what kind of wizardry goes into THOSE.)

My ideas. Butcher them as you will, Green!