MageCraft - Alpha 0.2.1d

GreenWolf13

MageCraft is currently in Alpha, and very much a work in progress, so expect this documentation to change quite a bit.

Currently, only the Alchemy system is implemented, but I am planning on adding a mana based spellcasting system as well. Also note that there aren't any textures for items yet, but I plan to add them in the next patch.

In the current version (0.2.1d) you'll find the basics of the Alchemy system. More advanced Alchemy, power items, and more functionality for existing items is planned.

Crafting Recipes and Design Documents can be found here: http://pastebin.com/SaYrpWyJ and here: http://pastebin.com/h3NQLKfH

Installation is standard, simply install Forge and drop MageCraft in the mods folder. Version 0.2.1d is compatible with both Minecraft 1.4.6 and Minecraft 1.4.7. Note that items ids 26200 through 26210 are the defaults used for this mod, although they can be configured.

If you find a bug, or think I missed an Essence recipe, let me known. Bug reports should include an error log and a description of the problem.

Download Version 0.2.1d: http://bit.ly/15GsJf3

If you need to contact me for any reason, you can send me a PM on the forum. I also can be found in #GreenWolf13sMods on SynIRC.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know if you need any help but I'm gonna try to make some items that i think might be interresting for this mod =P. Only did minor tools but i love to work on mods and this might be a great start again.

No that isn't necessary. Some other people like jakj and milcondoin have made a mod, which isn't in an official Technic pack build, and they have the modder ranks.

Hrm. Wasn't aware of that. I suppose it's really up to Kaker & Co. to decide who gets to wear the safety orange pants.

The amults take damage and break, right?

Thats one thing i was thinking off. Instead of making them break why not make them run with essence? Just like the industrial craft 2 tools run with electricity.

Yeah, but making a potentially overpowered amulet basically running off cobblestone is a tad bit on the overpowered side, no?

Depends on the amount of essence created by the cobble. If the amulet runs with 1000 essence and cobble only makes 1 then its ok.

Yeah, but making a potentially overpowered amulet basically running off cobblestone is a tad bit on the overpowered side, no?

You think I didn't think of this? Cobblestone cannot be turned into essence. Neither can any other renewable resource. If you have NEI installed, you can go look at the uses for the Alchemist Catalyst. That will tell you all the items that can be turned into essence.

Also remember that each of these amulets costs between 8 and 16 diamonds to make. If there's enough demand to make power items require fuel, I'll add a config option for it.

Please elaborate on me carrying 1000 of an item and not having a bad day, inventory wise.

Maybe using the same system that Skyrim used. Soul gems where the source of the power of a enchanted weapon. So maybe using something like that as storage for Essence would be the answer. Having multiple gems like " Small essence gem (50 of essence) , medium essence gem (100) , large essence gem (500)" would be usefull too.

Quick update: The next patch will be removing several of the amulets and merging their functionality into the Alchemist Catalyst. Also going to reduce the cost of the recipes, as 8 diamonds for the ability to turn water into ice is a bit much. If any of you are working on textures, here's the items I need textured:

Alchemist Catalyst

Low Essence

High Essence

Mithril Ingot

Adamant Ingot

Amulet of Burning

Amulet of Freezing

Amulet of Ender

Cloth

Also gonna try to get the Wizard Pouch implemented, as well as sorting out some internal code cleanup.

In short, lots of cool stuff is coming.

Are the animations going to be awesome like thaumcraft's? I suggest some kind of chest with an animated purple vortex inside of it that has somewhere near infinite storage and functions like an ender chest. It should have a wizard pouch somewhere in the recipe.

So something like a combo of Enderchest and black hole chests? Well sign me up for that.

It should have multiple inventories each with their own 'frequency' so you're able to send items inside certain inventories to other chests with the same frequency linked to one of its inventories. Also: an internal sorter to put the items it receives into the frequency/inventory you've set the item to get filtered into. Basically a multitool omnichest.

EDIT: about the mithril and adamant sprites, I've lost them too :L, I'll make new ones tomorrow.

It should have multiple inventories each with their own 'frequency' so you're able to send items inside certain inventories to other chests with the same frequency linked to one of its inventories. Also: an internal sorter to put the items it receives into the frequency/inventory you've set the item to get filtered into. Basically a multitool omnichest.

EDIT: about the mithril and adamant sprites, I've lost them too :L, I'll make new ones tomorrow.

For one, that would be rather cool, and I was actually thinking of something like that but more scientific i'd make if I could code.

Seems like the Black Hole Chest, Ender Chest, Sorting System, and the Void Chest in TC2.

Bit OP though, unless it's SERIOUSLY Endgame.

Onto actual mod discussion, I'd love to see how this turns out! I'd like to see things beyond amulets. Perhaps Construct systems.

Okay, so I'm considering a major change to the alchemy system. Instead of putting essence into a pattern to create items, you have to combine it with the item you want to make to make more of it. So combining 2 high essence with a diamond will give you two diamonds. So you'd have to already have the item to be able to make it. I'm also considering adding a single use Alchemist Catalyst called an Alchemist Charge that is made with a gold nugget and a piece of redstone.

So lets say, the magic essence is copying the atomic structure of what it is getting mixed with. I actually would like IC2 UU matter to be like that, but meh. I make my own recipes like that. :P

And to the Alchemist Charge, will that be stackable or not? Just want to be sure before one of us wants to take hundreds of it with them and then find out it doesn't stack.

I love your mod man but...why were you kellered?

Check out the Kitty Jail thread, that's been explained there by the mods.

On topic, how's the texturing situation going, Greenwolf? I'd love to add MageCraft to my pack, but I'm still waiting for the textures to be done so it's fully usable.