The creepy sounds in (general) Minecraft

_Anjou_

Hello fellas. I'm having a bit of an issue. You see, if you are in an area where the brightness level is low, like underground, you can hear random creepy sounds, like from the wild west or something. To me, these sounds are extremly terrifying, and it's gone so far, that I've set the sound in minecraft to zero, in order to not hear them. And that's bad, because I can't hear if a creeper (for example) is hissing from behind, so I can run away. But at the same time, I'm too afraid to turn the sound back on. Is there any way to turn the creepy sounds off, so I can stop dying, without setting the sound to zero?

Eh, the enderman noises are more "goddamn fucking obnoxious" than "creepy", especially after hearing them at least once... they're like 5x louder than everything else than the game, and if you're trying to farm endermen for pearls (before investing in some sort of giant drop trap or somesuch) you are forced to mute the audio.

I think those noises might be ambience, not endermen. Possibly both. But anyways, they're these really creepy sounds that play when you're in, or near a cave. That, combined with enderman noises, and I can't even remember the last time I played MC with sound on.

I remember the first month I played minecraft way back in beta 1.2_01

I liked the sounds more than I do the new ones (not just mobs/ambience, but all sounds). The new ones sound more realistic, but the old ones were awesome and classic, especially the doors. Back then I was scared by hostile mobs, but now I only jump when im going about my business and someone from an enemy faction in full prot IV ninja attacks me.

About the mob noises... the easiest would be getting a mod or editing/replacing the sound files with blank ones (they must be the same exact length), or playing other music in the background, like suggested above :P

You could also make a mob farm and get used to the sounds, or join a hardcore factions server (mobs will be nothing anymore once you get used to pvp)