Other Games?

Jay?

It was a casual-friendly game unless you cranked it up way high and gimped yourself. DA2 was also great, but rather limited by the fact that the company went out of business partway through, so the story kind of just goes ^^^^^^^------_____......|

Amusingly enough, the programmers abused terrible bugs in the PS2 system to make those games (in the engine, really, not DA/DA2 specifically), so they remain the only games I own that I have to play on my actual PS2 instead of on my computer with fancy supersampling and AA. :D

(You cannot BELIEVE how amazing FF XII looks when you render it at 8x its native resolution and scale it back down with interpolation. It's freaking glorious.)

I wasn't a fan of 12. it seemed ill balanced, swinging wildly between "devoid of challenge" and "damn near impossible" in a drunken waltz.

FFX is still one of my favorites, primarily because the storyline was fantastic.

I play the FFVII PC version occasionally. Only when i hear about an update to the upgrade mod for it (people have been adding in better sprites and replacing the awful midi music for years now.)

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't a fan of 12. it seemed ill balanced, swinging wildly between "devoid of challenge" and "damn near impossible" in a drunken waltz.

FFX is still one of my favorites, primarily because the storyline was fantastic.

I play the FFVII PC version occasionally. Only when i hear about an update to the upgrade mod for it (people have been adding in better sprites and replacing the awful midi music for years now.)

Seems like with the right community behind a game it can live almost forever.

I still need to beat FFVII. and attempt to beat FFVIII which I happend to find if the "Free book (and occasional other junk)" bin at a local book reseller. Kinda wishing i didn't play that PS1 version of FFVII seeing how a decent condition copy seems to worth some decent coin.

Seems like with the right community behind a game it can live almost forever.

I still need to beat FFVII. and attempt to beat FFVIII which I happend to find if the "Free book (and occasional other junk)" bin at a local book reseller. Kinda wishing i didn't play that PS1 version of FFVII seeing how a decent condition copy seems to worth some decent coin.

get a ps3 and utilize the PSN for the older games.

Good to know, just don't have the cash at the moment for getting a PS3. Also FF8 was a PC copy, i can still play that.

If you are willing to spend multi-thousand dollars buildign a gaming rig, PC graphics can not be matched. EVER. Ever seen a video of crysis 2 with the graphics patch? Holy shit, it looks amazing.

If you are willing to spend multi-thousand dollars buildign a gaming rig, PC graphics can not be matched. EVER. Ever seen a video of crysis 2 with the graphics patch? Holy shit, it looks amazing.

No I have not. But I have seen the platform wars raging and know PCs have relatively better graphics then a console if you go high end.

Console v. PC is always an issue of uniformity v. flexibility. Developing for consoles is always easier, and thus less expensive.

Yeah. Computers are more customizable but that is also the biggest problem with them.

I am going to look at some of actually go play some of my computer games after doing some homework, My day has been shit thus far and I need to blow off some steam. Might even play one of those arena shooters. I'm in the mood to kill something digital.

Anyone got any other good (preferably free) games to relieve stress with they could recommend to me?

I got home today and went through hell and back to get my SNES and a copy of FFVI. Very much worth wading through my apocalypse of an attic. It's my favorite in the series and has my favorite villain (Kelfka's laugh sends shivers down my spine) and what other game can you suplex a train in?

Also, Jay?, digital devil saga 1 and 2 are both amazing, (the atma and mantras kick ass, press turn came back even better, and you could switch from human to demon form on the fly. They also have my favorite story in the series) The only bad Megaten games I've played (and I've played all of them) are the GBA Colour ones (abysmal heresy) and the most recent devil summoner game, it broke my heart that atlus would release that piece of crap, but they made it up with devil survivor and strange journey.

I think games like the megaten series, dark souls, the world ends with you, lost odyssey, Radiata Historia, and the like prove that the JRPG genre is still capable of innovation and great storytelling (If you've played lost odyssey you know what I'm talking about)

Eeeeh, Dark Souls. I won't even try that game without configurable difficulty. I play games to play games; I don't play games to have games play me. (No, it is not more fun (for me) to "finally acquire the skill and knowledge to beat the super-hard boss".)

That's why it's disappointing to me. I saw the trailer, saw a giant wolf wielding a greatsword with its teeth, and said "I will buy this game". Then I saw it was console-only and said "I will buy this game when it comes to PC" (which it now is). Then I heard about the hardcore nature and lack of difficulty slider and said "Nevermind".

If someone comes up with a way (or a program) to disable multiplayer and enable cheating, I will get the game. Not otherwise.

Eh, if you get past the difficulty, it's a really deep rewarding RPG., plus its satisfying to go around killing everything that killed you when you get the best weapons and eqiupment.

From software is known for utterly ridiculous difficultly levels in games. Heck they is even a "From Hard" difficulty in the game "3D dot game heros". I want to try 3D dot game heros, it looks like it would be fun. Too bad I don't own a PS3 and I heard from a friend it is difficult to find anyway.

That's why it's disappointing to me. I saw the trailer, saw a giant wolf wielding a greatsword with its teeth, and said "I will buy this game". Then I saw it was console-only and said "I will buy this game when it comes to PC" (which it now is). Then I heard about the hardcore nature and lack of difficulty slider and said "Nevermind".

If someone comes up with a way (or a program) to disable multiplayer and enable cheating, I will get the game. Not otherwise.

It's a successor to demon's souls isn't it? That is why it has to be so insanely difficult.

It doesn't "have to be" anything, single-player. When only one person is playing, only one person matters, and my gaming experience affects no other's in any way. As far as I am aware, the only multiplayer aspect to the game is leaving messages on the ground, and that should be incredibly easy to just turn off if difficulty is not set on maximum. Would not take much programming time, either: Code a slider into the options screen, and let that be a simple multiplier on damage taken/dealt like in Skyrim.

It doesn't "have to be" anything, single-player. When only one person is playing, only one person matters, and my gaming experience affects no other's in any way. As far as I am aware, the only multiplayer aspect to the game is leaving messages on the ground, and that should be incredibly easy to just turn off if difficulty is not set on maximum. Would not take much programming time, either: Code a slider into the options screen, and let that be a simple multiplier on damage taken/dealt like in Skyrim.

True. And I do believe the note system is the only aspect of multiplayer if what i heard about demon's souls was true (it used the same mechanic).

I always play on the Creature server on TF2 because Diction and Gassy appear often. Try finding the pawnshop server its crazy because they have a mod that allows you to shot tons of bullets forever and if you have a crappy computer... I don't recommend this server