Other Games?

Jay?

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Eve on-line

2. technic-tekkit pack (thank you kakermix!)

3. C&C decade

4. warcraft 3

Number two is a fail. Read the OP, wooden_axe

but anyways, here is my modified list:

1. Tremulous

2. random shit i download off the Internet daily (fuck you, viruses, I am using linux paired with WINE!)

3. Mari0 (that is a zero at the end. it isn't a misspelling, go look it up.)

1. Sword of the Stars, Master of Orion II

SotS is pretty much the ultimate space 4X that doesn't require extremely heavy micro to get into. It's a turn-based strategy game with real-time combat. I haven't started playing 2 yet because it was borked at launch but seems to have come a very long way since then, so I'll probably start soon. Master of Orion II (III is horrendous, sadly) is still playable, but needs someone to cooperate or compete against. The AIs are boring.

Off topic a bit, the Kerberos Productions forums are comparable to these. The moderators are a bit more loose, but the forums are also a bit busier than here, and unlike here, the forumgoers are usually paying customers. They're not afraid to tell someone they're being dumb, though.

2. Earth 2150/Lost Souls/Moon Project (same series), Earth 2160

These are real-time strategy games that follow the typical pattern but allow some customization of vehicles/aircraft/buildings/etc through research. It's nice to have options.

3. Warlords Battlecry II/III

These are essentially the same game. Unfortunately, unit pathing, glitchiness, and the use of low-quality sprites makes them hard to enjoy after a while, but they're still fun to fire up now and then. They're basically combination RTS/simple RPG's where you control a hero that gains levels, spells, abilities, and equipment between games.

4. Kohan (and, to a much lesser extent, Kohan II)

It's always the spectacular games that get left in the bargain bin. Kohan and the stand-alone expansion Ahriman's Gift are some of the most original and fun strategy games I know. The 2nd game loses some of it's openness (and therefore fun) while getting better graphics. They're medieval/fantasy RTS games with cities, adding the concepts of squads (companies) instead of single units. Morale, supply, maintenance/upkeep, and city/company control zones were all somewhat unique ideas at the time. I'd still play this if I could find anyone who also does, because again the AI is only so much of a challenge after a while.

I know I went over three, but they all deserve mention.

• Moderators

1. Mount & Blade: Warband

2. Skyrim

3. Fallout 3

And sometimes when i get nostalgic: Final Fantasy 7

Warning! The nostalgic part is like crack. Once you get used to it, You will never let it go.

1. Counterstrike 1.6

2. Counterstrike: Global Offensive BETA

(Amazing game so far, Would play 24/7 if I had a PC that could break past 27 FPS.)

3. DOSPad

(DOS emulator for the iPad if you didn't know. Running two games through it atm. Daggerfall, and Wizardry 7.)

4. I'm putting more than three games because I'm a scrub and play more than three games equally.

5. Counterstrike: Source

(I cheat my ass off. Love my triggerbot. Also love making league gamers pissed off at how legit I look.)

6. Dwarf Fortress

(Nuff said.)

7. Grand Theft Auto IV

(Got that sweet mod that makes you a fat biker ragdoll. Cant wait for GTA V.)

8. Morrowind

(312 mods installed, I think its a world record.)

Once I get my pimped out gaming laptop, this will be the list of the first games I will pirate (lollimewire):

1) Skyrim (to see what all the fuss is about and witness naked laydies!)

2) STALKER: All versions ( >:D )

3) GTA IV (for epicness)

4) BF3 (for epic battles)

5) COD: MW3 (Because COD is too epic)

6) GTA:SA (Nostalgia <3)

7) Technic (to witness that extremely epic no-lag experience)

8) Dwarf Fortress (heehee)

• Forum Administrators

Once I get my pimped out gaming laptop, this will be the list of the first games I will pirate (lollimewire):

1) Skyrim (to see what all the fuss is about and witness naked laydies!)

2) STALKER: All versions ( >:D )

3) GTA IV (for epicness)

4) BF3 (for epic battles)

5) COD: MW3 (Because COD is too epic)

6) GTA:SA (Nostalgia <3)

7) Technic (to witness that extremely epic no-lag experience)

8) Dwarf Fortress (heehee)

Must feel good to help ruin the gaming industry.

Once I get my pimped out gaming laptop, this will be the list of the first games I will pirate (lollimewire)

I swear, it's like you guys don't even understand how to internet.

The rules specifically say "Don't talk about piracy here". They say that. Now i have to go and probate you for not reading the rules, ya shmuck.

At the moment:

A Valley Without Wind

Just released, but I've been playing it from early beta. A metroidvania-ish indie game from the same people as AI War, but with far more to it than that. Great fun and has plenty of wear in it.

Supreme Commander 2

RTS that some don't like because it's not quite as serious as its prequel. With the DLC it's great, and it boasts probably the best RTS AI ever - if the player can use a tactic, so can the AI. Also, any game that has GIANT BRAINS WITH LASERS and battleships that can grow legs, walk on land, and then jumpjet into your base has to be worth a try.

Bulletstorm

FPS that some criticise because the main character isn't a do-gooder with a halo so big you can see it from space. Me? I say that's the whole damn point. Also has some exceptionally inventive cursing and one of the best and most consistent stories in any FPS.

I swear, it's like you guys don't even understand how to internet.

The rules specifically say "Don't talk about piracy here". They say that. Now i have to go and probate you for not reading the rules, ya shmuck.

Hmm, I wouldn't probate him for this, but oh well. It's just how you interpreted the rules, I guess.

By the way, I've orderd my new gaming rig

Quick specs: i7 3770, 8 gb RAM, AMD HD7950@900MHZ :)

Supreme Commande 2 was an utter disappointment.

There's no point having a ginormous army if you're playing on a Starcraft map. You just rush every time, and watch units get stuck on walls.

I still hail SupCom FA as the most innovative and best RTS. Simply because it's so well executed and unique.

Supreme Commande 2 was an utter disappointment.

There's no point having a ginormous army if you're playing on a Starcraft map. You just rush every time, and watch units get stuck on walls.

I still hail SupCom FA as the most innovative and best RTS. Simply because it's so well executed and unique.

It was better back when it was total annihilation.

It was better back when it was total annihilation.

Maps were too small. I liked SupCom FA because of the open maps. Strategic points were created by the players, unlike resource pads and capture points in other RTS's.

I know it got somewhat slated due to the multitasking and the graphics, but that's the Starcraft fanboys being Starcraft fanboys.

Now that is brilliant too. Although that died along with the CD key, so :P

Starbases ruined everything though.

i thought so too, but there are Titans in the newest expansion, and they balance against starbases really well. (proud SoaSE Rebellion beta player)

Just got Torchlight and HNNNNGH. I don't even want Diablo 3 anymore; it's like a less-graphically-shitty Diablo 2.

From what i've seen diablo 3 isn't even like diablo 2 at all. It's like they took out all the fun to make room for graphics.

From what i've seen diablo 3 isn't even like diablo 2 at all. It's like they took out all the fun to make room for graphics.

Yeah, but I was willing to give it a shot. Though ALWAYS ONLINE SINGLEPLAYER 'COS PIRATES ARE TEH EBIL would drain the hell out of my satellite internet bandwidth.