Ponies

Rick

You came on and posted a thread with a one word title, and the body of your message was one word. You put no effort into your post, brought nothing to the forum.

Who knows why you even started this thread, the only place it's likely to go is straight into drama town.

I just wanted to know what people's thoughts are about the show, and whether or not theres other fans in the technic community.

Your right though, this is bound to turn sour, and thats not what i want at all.

I've watched one episode once, just for the hell of it.

It seems extremely boring to me. People say that it has more mature and intelligent references than one would usually expect from a show involving ponies, but it really doesn't. At least nothing worth watching, in my opinion.

If you watch it all the time, I don't have any sort of problem, however. It's not my job to tell people what they can and can't do.

This doesn't correspond to everyone who watches the show, but I've found countless MLP fans to be extremely annoying in the sense that they constantly brag about how watching the show makes them such great people and how they're invincible from hate because they all love everyone and everything...

They almost act as if watching MLP makes them better human beings. You don't see people who say, like watching Family Guy or any other show brag about how watching it makes them all high and mighty.

What I've pretty much seen most "bronies" do:

1. Respond to criticism even though nobody has criticized them in the first place, therefore causing them to get criticized. (Fun, right?)

2. Rub their intense love for the show in other people's faces for no good reason at all

3. Act as extremely effective troll bait

4. "Spread the love" on topics that do not relate to MLP or even tolerance in general

Again, by no means at all does this correspond to every single person who watches MLP, just the more "open" of the bunch. I've met a few mature and humble MLP fans before, and I respect them for it.

Bottom line is, watch what you want, but don't rub it into everyone's faces thinking

"o, dis is tabooo guise! im diferent so dis makes me cooll :D :D evryone shuld love adn hold hansd and wath MLP togeter! :P"

No one cares, it's off topic, and it's extremely annoying.

By no means at all do I want to start any sort of big and sour argument, but this is just my opinion. Watch the show all you want, I don't care. Just try to be mature and don't rub it in everyone's faces. This is what causes most people to hate you guys.

(Note that I'm not talking to the OP in particular, just most of the MLP fanbase in general)

What I've pretty much seen most "bronies" do:

1. Respond to criticism even though nobody has criticized them in the first place, therefore causing them to get criticized. (Fun, right?)

2. Rub their intense love for the show in other people's faces for no good reason at all

3. Act as extremely effective troll bait

4. "Spread the love" on topics that do not relate to MLP or even tolerance in general

These are all things that i can confirm as a person who regularly watches and enjoys the show.

It's very similar to what anime fans did before anime was so normal in the western world, and to a smaller degree any time some kind of subculture comes into existence.

TL;DR

Even if something is good, the fans can be damn irritating.

For bonus points: HEY GUISE THE CAKE IS A LIE AMIRITE

I 100% agree with what everyone has said so far, i watch the show, but never would i rub it in peoples faces, if people ask me why i watch it, i'll try to explain it to them.

the people you're (jakj) talking about are annoying, but i do understand why. for a lot of them, its their first fandom and they're very excited and want to express their excitement, sometimes in stupid ways. But i like to think that for every over-intense "annoying" brony, there's 4 more mature bronys you dont see.

everyone has to take a step back and see MLP for what it is, a cartoon. A pretty wicked cartoon with awesome fan base content but still a cartoon. So those people that hate on bronies, and those bronies that are immature, stop being bags of dicks and see it for what it is!

I really like the show, but I rarely talk about ponies. Hell, I'm in the MLP FIM group on Steam, and I'm in the chat almost every day, and the topic rarely goes to ponies. Only on the weekend when the new episode comes out does it really switch to talking about MLP. The show is good, but if you don't like it, then, well, you don't like it. I have no problem with that.

[...]

the people you're (jakj) talking about are annoying, but i do understand why. for a lot of them, its their first fandom and they're very excited and want to express their excitement, sometimes in stupid ways. But i like to think that for every over-intense "annoying" brony, there's 4 more mature bronys you dont see.

[...]

I'm an "over-intense annoying brony"? Excuse the fuck out of me?

I just think you misread. And even if the "Excuse" is a scandalous new position I haven't heard of, I'll pass on your offer.