IM TAKING OVER THIS JOINT YA SEE

Flyingducky

Hello, I saw Hack / Mine hasn't been upgraded for quite a while. So i took the opportunity of starting to bring it back alive. It will be called Hack / Mine Re-birthed and i will update this regularly to inform you of whats happening. We will be adding new mobs and different items. If you can texture or code or make the monsters sound please state below

Thanks

*signature stolen by gnomes*

As much as I applaud your enthusiasm for furthering the progress of the already-fantastic Hack/Mine, the mod was just overhauled about a month ago, (with a rather large re-doing of the spell system, I might add), and patched more recently than that. I think Frizzil can handle the monsters and code for now. An add-on that added new sounds on the other hand, would be very nice, as the blatant re-use of the spider's sounds for almost every other monster in the game is getting kind of annoying.

Also, with the new spellscript system in place, you can make your own spells and even submit them to Frizzil for possible inclusion in the game, which would be another great way to help. For example, a falcon punch spell (longish chargetime, huge knockback + fire setting), for the warrior would be all kinds of awesome.

Well then, that's a little bit different. In the event that that does happen, I could help make sounds and/or spells. (I'd still have to learn how to handle the spellscript, but I have a good grasp of programming conventions and could probably learn it pretty quickly.)

I assume you mean, "my coders" to mean the people you gather in this thread? Or do you already have some people lined up for the job?

• 1 month later...

By "talking about," FlyingDucky meant, "I asked Frizzil and he said no outright."

If you're gonna ask someone to hand over a massive, highly sentimental, actively developed project, you could at least have the courtesy of, you know, checking on the current status of the project before doing so. I.e., playing the mod or checking the official thread.

Also, making the title of the thread "MUST READ" is beyond criminal...

By "talking about," FlyingDucky meant, "I asked Frizzil and he said no outright."

If you're gonna ask someone to hand over a massive, highly sentimental, actively developed project, you could at least have the courtesy of, you know, checking on the current status of the project before doing so. I.e., playing the mod or checking the official thread.

Also, making the title of the thread "MUST READ" is beyond criminal...

I read the first line, and absolutely lost my shit. ur da best, frizzy.