*FIX* Prevent condensers next to pipes (avoid server crashes)

phaed

Question

No need to remove condensers or pipes from your world to prevent server crashes when your players connect them together.

Drop in this jar in your plugins folder and your players will be dealt a warning and canceled BlockPlace event when they try to either place a condenser next to a pipe or a pipe next to a condenser.

Note: This blocks any pipe with id: 166. Your players will still be able to use redpower tubes with the condenser.

xxxx://sacredlabyrinth.net/store/CondenserPipeFix.jar

EDIT: Read comments below for better fixes

Here's a better fix. This allows the successful use of wooden pipes with EE, and should fix your crashed worlds.

To use:

replace "[3]EE2ServerV1.38-bukkit-cb1938.zip" in the /mods folder with this one:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8864416/%5B3%5DEE2ServerV1.38-bukkit-cb1938.zip

If you're using the previous condenserpipefix plugin, delete it.

Thank you very much for this :)

So for a 2nd time my server crashed and stumbled on this thread. I had a couple condensers hooked up to pipes, so tried this and it didn't fix my world. I'll restart the world yet again... hopefully with this new knowledge and 'fix' it wont happen again.

edit: actually my buddy said he logged on and setup his quarry, but didn't have a condenser near by, and low and behold 16000 items lay next to his chest.. deleted and all fixed.

i applied the fix and it worked. my question tho is did anyone else's diamond pipe stop functioning because of that?

i.ll explain my setup. we have multiple quarries running and we have the whole setup running into a room that redirects every material into its on alchemical chest(and sometimes enderchest)

This setup is used so we have a storage room u can run up to and get whatever material you would like instead of just EE'ing it.

the diamond pipes now do not classify my loot since i patched it with the fix.

i had to patch is because of an accident that crashed the server violently. my friend put redstone torches in a condenser that was running into a biofuel setup.

can you test to see if your diamond pipe are bugged as well?

i applied the fix and it worked. my question tho is did anyone else's diamond pipe stop functioning because of that?

i.ll explain my setup. we have multiple quarries running and we have the whole setup running into a room that redirects every material into its on alchemical chest(and sometimes enderchest)

This setup is used so we have a storage room u can run up to and get whatever material you would like instead of just EE'ing it.

the diamond pipes now do not classify my loot since i patched it with the fix.

Are they actually failing, or do they just have the appearance of failing? There's a graphical bug where items will appear to be travelling down the wrong pipe after passing through a diamond pipe, but they still end up in the correct location anyways.