[1.4.7/1.5.1]MageCraft - Alpha 0.3.2

Markarthian

Alright, it seems to be partially fixed... I had to reinstall mcp and forge like 3 times and remove the :dong:.ducks file to make it recompile correctly...

Now my testing environment outside of eclipse won't work... :wtc: I'll continue trying tomorrow...

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They both look good. Maybe the green one should be summoned as a minion by spellcasters and the purple one a hostile version that lives in the underworld?

Oh, and Markarthian, if you figure out why you can't build a version to distribute, please tell me. I think I'm in the exact same situation with Gizmos. (v0.5 is the classes copied and pasted from the eclipse/bin folder, and it didn't work when I tested it.)

What are the planned features?

Oh don't get me started. A lot is planned, first thing coming up is a change to the alchemy system. After that, probably your mobs and corruption and a few spells. I don't know how to code a few things so I'll have to contact a few people :)

Mark, I'm going to try to start learning a little metric ton of code so I can help with MageCraft. I feel like a nuisance just sitting round, tossing ideas at you like a dog.

Hey! Dogs can't talk!

Mark, I'm going to try to start learning a little metric ton of code so I can help with MageCraft. I feel like a nuisance just sitting round, tossing ideas at you like a dog.

Yes please, I could need all the help you can give me ;)

I've been working on a golem sketch today, and I'm willing to try my hand at Techne to make a basic model possible. I would love to add little things to the base model, like spikes and stuff, to make different-looking golems based on their material. Especially a boss-sized one. :D

Oh, and make it & animation code freely available for others, I know if I hop back onto MetalMagecraft again, I want a copy.:D

Just to let you guys know, I am not deceased. I am very busy with my exams though, so there will be no updates in about 3 weeks. In the spare time that I have, I am changing the way alchemy works in MageCraft completely. (It involves things that I do not know how to code yet :P)

I haven't heard anything from lazdude yet, I'll bug him to take the project over while I am away.

I have some ideas to completely change how MC works (MageCraft) so.. tell me your ideas :D?

Please do share your ideas.

The change I'm implementing is that you'll have to use a block and fuel of some sort to break the essence free of the item/block you want to extract essence from. Also, there will be a block to infuse the different kinds of essences together in an infuser to get the items/blocksyou want. So the alchemist catalyst will disappear.

However, block form only is unfeasible, so the alchemist charge will remain, but will be a little bit more expensive, not much though.

Feel free to utilize Mod Makers Market.
Oh yeah, good call.

I was thinking High/Low Essence is more of a fuel, and there could be an Imperial Essence, but only capable of being produced from Corrupt Essence being refined. Eventually you can get the Plant or whatever essence, and you can condense the Essences into crystals for fuel. Mainly for machines.

Pumping liquids around would be used for things. I'm working out the details

I was thinking High/Low Essence is more of a fuel, and there could be an Imperial Essence, but only capable of being produced from Corrupt Essence being refined. Eventually you can get the Plant or whatever essence, and you can condense the Essences into crystals for fuel. Mainly for machines.

Pumping liquids around would be used for things. I'm working out the details

Oh yeah, the essences are being changed completely. There won't be high or low essence anymore; there will be essences related to the blocks in game. For example: end essence, rock essence etc. So end stone will have end & stone essence, which you can use to create a new block or item with. You can't, for example, get an apple out of throwing end essence and crystal essence together.

That said, I am curious to read your ideas. Please post more.

Sounds good. Maybe transmuting across essence types is possible for a high price - something like 50% loss between similar essences and 80% loss between very different ones?

Or maybe there's a block that does it, and it requires something as fuel. Make sure it's fairly balanced, though.

Hell's blazes, it's time for typing.

Okay, I was actually thinking of multitude of essences.

The fuel essences, I.E, Low, high, and a new one, Imperial Essence. Imperial cannot be created in the normal fashion. It must be refined or pumped from some source. There would be then; Low Essence, High Essence, Imperial Essence and Corrupt Essence. Corrupt essence should appear all over the overworld, randomly. As a liquid.

You can condense all Essence types into "Essence Crystals." Which store them as a power supply.

Then you can make a Essence renderer, and convert items into more defined Essences.

These can be used for a variety of spells and machines.