[1.4.7/1.5.1]MageCraft - Alpha 0.3.2

Markarthian

Sounds good. Maybe transmuting across essence types is possible for a high price - something like 50% loss between similar essences and 80% loss between very different ones?

That's the plan yeah, it will be an endgame block/item though. All endgame stuff that is planned will be a lot more expansive than you'd expect. I am talking stacks of extra dimensional barrels. (Yes, worse than GT) the rewards will be insane though.

Or maybe there's a block that does it, and it requires something as fuel. Make sure it's fairly balanced, though.

Yeah, I am looking into that. I need to learn how to make a custom furnace.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking that you'd have essence with multiple properties so that it can be "translated" into more of an existing item with the same properties, like what we already have.

At the least, five basic properties: Terran, Aquis, Aeroian, Ignus, and Umbral. Perhaps some more based on materials, like Tempure for special metal sets like Metallurgy?

Beyond that could be Celestia and Stygian for further refined properties.

I was thinking that you'd have essence with multiple properties so that it can be "translated" into more of an existing item with the same properties, like what we already have.

At the least, five basic properties: Terran, Aquis, Aeroian, Ignus, and Umbral. Perhaps some more based on materials, like Tempure for special metal sets like Metallurgy?

Beyond that could be Celestia and Stygian for further refined properties.

Yeah, I'll link you a pastebin of the idea for the new system. There are a lot of similarities with the original plan.

Well, forgot to add Mundus as the most basic, blank essence that can be manipulated. Anyways, the essence comes in tiers, like you said, so if we use the above essence, it would be Low Mundus, High Mundus, and finally Celestia/Stygian Mundus.

Anywhere close?

I like the idea of the "basic" essences being fuel then the real essences being used for things.

Once you do, could you teach me how to do a custom furnace? That's literally the only thing stopping me from making my own mod.

I bet it'd be cool.

I bet it'd be cool.

It will be, but right now all I have are two types of stone that each drop their cobblestone, and can be furnaced back into their stone. And you'd be amazed if I told you how long I've had the idea for my mod.

It will be, but right now all I have are two types of stone that each drop their cobblestone, and can be furnaced back into their stone. And you'd be amazed if I told you how long I've had the idea for my mod.

Tell me all about it..

Here is the pastebin, it was lost but I just found it ^^ It is from Green http://pastebin.com/HyQ4DZM8

Once you do, could you teach me how to do a custom furnace? That's literally the only thing stopping me from making my own mod.
sure thing. It shouldn't really be that hard, the hardest part will be customizing the behavior and maybe animated textures, but the actual furnace will not be that big of a deal.

Any update on your situation mark?

Update: got the directional textures working. Still very busy with school.

Once I get done with my school work (3 research papers plus band practice) I will start working on the textures again.
cool!

I had this idea for an upgraded satchel version.

The outside corners would be some sort of "astral part" or Nether star or even "Nether star parts"

The middle would be a compressed black hole sphere, or some sorta thing. Maybe "Black Hole Singularity" Or a satchel.

to the sides would be crystals filled with dimensional essence or some sort of thing.

The top would be imperial.

*sigh* I need to learn to code.

I had this idea for an upgraded satchel version.

The outside corners would be some sort of "astral part" or Nether star or even "Nether star parts"

The middle would be a compressed black hole sphere, or some sorta thing. Maybe "Black Hole Singularity" Or a satchel.

to the sides would be crystals filled with dimensional essence or some sort of thing.

The top would be imperial.

*sigh* I need to learn to code.

Yeah, there will be an upgraded version of the satchel, that satchel will be one of the only things that will be able to hold unstable, pure and corrupted essence, because of the high amounts of thaumic radiation.

Alright.

Oh, I forgot to mention the important part of that upgrade: It compresses items into 1024 stacks items. Like if you drop two stacks of 64 it merges to 128.

It's not a needed thing but that'd be fucking awesome

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I am just checking in to tell you guys, I am not going anywhere until MageCraft is finished. I'm currently in my finals, so that's why there haven't been updates for the past couple of weeks.

Slowly I am getting a bit more time for coding and updating n stuff, however the alchemy system change that I've announced will be pushed back a little. Some of the things that I've announced/planned have appeared to be a little too hard for this poor modding newbie. They will come, but they will take some more time.

Here's my list of things I want to implement. (In order of things that I am most likely to finish first because of the difficulty :P):

-Wizard armor

-Wizard satchel

-amulets (have to look at in world conversion)

-biomes

-bad guys

-dimensions (2)

-dungeons + custom dungeon loot

-alchemy workaround

-spells + achievements (I love achievements)

-golems

-endgame finger breaking but at the same time mind blowing epicness (that's right :P)

Bug me if I forgot anything ;)

But yeah, my coding skills are very basic still, (I don't even know how to make a custom inventory) but before I make things more fancy I want to give MageCraft a bit more substance.

Also, where has LazDude been? Did he dieded? I need to bug him to get back over here and help me out ;)

Hey guys, I am just checking in to tell you guys, I am not going anywhere until MageCraft is finished. I'm currently in my finals, so that's why there haven't been updates for the past couple of weeks.

Slowly I am getting a bit more time for coding and updating n stuff, however the alchemy system change that I've announced will be pushed back a little. Some of the things that I've announced/planned have appeared to be a little too hard for this poor modding newbie. They will come, but they will take some more time.

Here's my list of things I want to implement. (In order of things that I am most likely to finish first because of the difficulty :P):

-Wizard armor

-Wizard satchel

-amulets (have to look at in world conversion)

-biomes

-bad guys

-dimensions (2)

-dungeons + custom dungeon loot

-alchemy workaround

-spells + achievements (I love achievements)

-golems

-endgame finger breaking but at the same time mind blowing epicness (that's right :P)

Bug me if I forgot anything ;)

But yeah, my coding skills are very basic still, (I don't even know how to make a custom inventory) but before I make things more fancy I want to give MageCraft a bit more substance.

Also, where has LazDude been? Did he dieded? I need to bug him to get back over here and help me out ;)

I hope GreenWolf gave you all the suggestions he got from me ;D, he had like 50

(only the good ones, that is)

Does your GitHub repo have your latest source code in it? I'll see what I can do with the world gen stuff.

Gizmos has some custom inventories and a tile entity if you need an example. (I don't understand much of the code myself, I copied from the Forge wiki and changed it to do what I wanted of it)