Kerbal Space Program

Xylord

“Curse is an important partner because their team is passionate and experienced in caring for and growing online game communities, such as our amazing playerbase for Kerbal Space Program.”

The curse team is "experienced in caring for and growing online game communities" just as a rancher is experienced in caring for cattle. Their interests lay with growing a community because a large herd can be milked for more and give better returns when slaughtered, all while keeping them in fenced in areas and abusing any who stray from the herd..

• 3 weeks later...

Don't know how long before any framerate issues are going to be bothering me, but I installed the mod that introduces clouds and city lights.

Good gods, that's pretty.

EDIT: Apologies for the double-post.

Edited by Melfice

• 1 month later...

First we waited for the update.

The update came, and we were happy.

We played for a while, but felt empty.

So then we waited for the mods to update.

And the anguish started all over again.

Yup. 0.24 is out!

Eh, his tone seems to be "Oh why did those stupid devs do THAT?" as always.

Contracts are apparently overpowered so no more science from them in his mod, and engines have to be nerfed because the devs stupidly made them match the NASA rocket parts with their real world data and all.

I did find out something I've been pondering. His thread has over 5000 replies now, which struck me as odd since I haven't seen any real interest in his stuff outside the thread. Then I noticed the guy has 1500 posts of his own. Atleast 20% of his thread is him rambling and talking about how the other mods are so wrong and it causes him so much work fixing it.

Why can't he go off to a game I don't care about? Like world of warcraft. He can make Better than GUI and prove to the world his vision for the WoW user interface is lightyears better than those stupid blizzard devs and their years of experience and data...

Ah, yes. They're containing his madness, with the occasional encouragement so that he doesn't spout off elsewhere.

As long as he doesn't stick it where he shouldn't, everyone else can ignore him. I was merely wondering how our favorite village idiot was doing.

Oh, FlowerChild is up to his old bullshit again.

Check his latest post.

He's complaining on how the tech tree can't be edited. When somebody brought up a mod for that, his response:

Yes, and it's a pain for the user to configure unless you're one of the trees in the list, you need the intervention of its author to get your tree added to the list that appears in-game (and this is when having a list at all with a mod like BTSM installed makes very little sense), and it isn't actively maintained.

There are also additional issues with it I am reluctant to discuss on these forums, but which make it a non-option for me. Believe me man, if there were a viable option for modifying the stock tree, including through my own code, I would be all over it. Treeloader just isn't it.

Emphasis mine.

This smells like Forge drama, all over again.

Ew. He's complaining for complaint's sake, when he should've simply asked how Treeloader accomplished it.

At least he's sitting in his own shit instead of throwing it around.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/55219-Module-Manager-2-2-0-%28July-18%29?p=1281102&viewfull=1#post1281102

FC wants the module manager mod to stop outputing log unless an error occurs because it reminds people they're playing a modded game and he wants his as transparent as possible.

The guy wants people to forget they're playing a mod and think his vision is the official game. Wow that's 7 kinda of egotistical there...

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/55219-Module-Manager-2-2-0-%28July-18%29?p=1283268&viewfull=1#post1283268

Release the hounds of flame.

EDIT: Actually, all things considering, now I'm imagining big, flaming Minecraft dogs running at me, shitting everywhere while losing their heads.

They may, or may not, also be wearing gimp suits.

... I think I have a problem.

Edited by Melfice

• 2 months later...

Buildings will go boom in 0.25

I haven't even checked the KSP forums but I can tell there's a massive flurry of interest in kerbtown-like mods again. Not just alternate launch pads, but massive towns chock full of soon-to-be-explosive structures.

...so? Working out how to build an orbiting space station that can drop mass atmospheric payloads full of rocket fuel onto the enemies of the Empire in a bid to control the whole world of Kerbal with an iron fist is a challenge.

Could make a crossover between extraplanetary launchpads and kerbtown to create a way for players to build static buildings. Probably have to use the KAS attack mode code (the phantom part that follows the mouse) to let players designate the exact position.

Then give those buildings something to do using the MKS proxy logistics. Things like a karbonite/ore mining building, refinery, barracks, life support, ect...

And finally add a multiplayer mod that has fog of war and sensor detection of other player vessels.

That would be so damn epic. Turn KSP into a multiplayer RTS...

That would be so damn epic. Turn KSP into a multiplayer RTS...

Yesss...

We'd need 0.5 and/or 0.25 meter parts to build air-to-air and air-to-surface missiles, and a version of SAS with a simple autopilot because manually piloting missiles doesn't make sense. And of course guns and turrets and explosives and warheads. Kerbals could be equipped with a space-ready assault rifle too.

This would be best played in Science mode, that would go well with the raw resource mining/refining.

Full on career so money is an issue.

The other feature shown off, the trading resources, goes well with an idea I've been kicking around. A system to record the science parts on a vessel as it gets unloaded and calculates a gain rate based on parts, location, and number of vessels in the same biome/orbit. With a consistent science gain and the ability to convert it to funds and rep, it would be a nice resource harvesting mechanic for an RTS playthrough.

Full on career so money is an issue.

The other feature shown off, the trading resources, goes well with an idea I've been kicking around. A system to record the science parts on a vessel as it gets unloaded and calculates a gain rate based on parts, location, and number of vessels in the same biome/orbit. With a consistent science gain and the ability to convert it to funds and rep, it would be a nice resource harvesting mechanic for an RTS playthrough.

In an all out interplanetary war, I don't think funds would be an issue. What you could build would only be determined by if you have the resources to build them. Money should only be a trading mechanic.

We'd also need team colors, too. No point if you can't tell if that rocket coming at your spacebase is your fuel re-supply or a warhead.

Oh, good point.