Kerbal Space Program

Xylord

That's not currently possible. Funds are the only way currently to limit ship spawning from KSC. I don't know of any mods that even begin to limit it beyond a timer thing.

Creating ships away from KSC is what extraplanetary launchpads does though, and would pretty much be the core of such a game.

Run what missions you can until you unlock the launch pads and mining gear, then send out your expedition to free yourself from a predictable launch profile.

Do you send out long term missions at the beginning and risk interference at your enemy's leisure, or risk a raiding mission to strip the mun bare of science in one expensive go?

Starting materials, of course.  I've never played an RTS that doesn't start you off with enough supplies to get a beginning base going.

However in the case of KSP it would make more sense to have some basic parts in stock, instead of basic resources.

Edited by dwwojcik

We could allow players to start with a few launches at KSC, and allow them to get minerals in space. For mining in space, we'd want to use Extraterrestrial Launchpads and add-ons, so that players can still build stuff after the inevitable destruction of the KSC.

Or perhaps materials or just money could be expended to repair the KSC, upon its inevitable destruction?

Anyway, if this is all out war, we need a mod that has several Space Centers around Kerbin, one for each player.

Edit: In anticipation of our epic interplanetary war I've made a flag for my team. It's based on the the UN flag: ' alt='' class='ipsImage' >

Edit2: I guess I killed the thread. RiP thread 2013-2014

Edited by dwwojcik

You're talking about a mod for a multiplayer game for a game mode we don't know what it is going to look like.

20 points for enthusiasm, but -10 for running ahead. :P

Honestly, it does sound amazing, but at some point you're going to run out of stuff to speculate about, innit?

Probably.

Anyways, conclusions I have come to after (apparently, hopefully) sorting out my graphics drivers problems and getting to try the new update:

1. The new Mk. 2 parts are amazing.
  2. Bombers aren't easy to get working, my quick design relied far too much on the weight of the payload to be airworthy.
  3. The new explosions are epic.
  4. The Mk. 2 cockpit is incredibly durable.

edit: http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/44233319699188175/E4207A83383D3DF0FDACB20E1403F2A152DE3331/

Edited by dwwojcik

Well, I have KSP now, so I feel like I can contribute to this thread

Probably.

Anyways, conclusions I have come to after (apparently, hopefully) sorting out my graphics drivers problems and getting to try the new update:

1. The new Mk. 2 parts are amazing.
  2. Bombers aren't easy to get working, my quick design relied far too much on the weight of the payload to be airworthy.
  3. The new explosions are epic.
  4. The Mk. 2 cockpit is incredibly durable.

edit: http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/44233319699188175/E4207A83383D3DF0FDACB20E1403F2A152DE3331/

Have you tried out the cargo bays yet? If MK2 is new (which I'm assuming it is from this), check them out. It's an awesome way to send satellites into orbit without sticking a huge weight on top of your rocket, plus it looks cool.

Also, is the MK2 especially durable? I've been mostly using it anyway, so the fact that it seems to survive just about anything might not be as universal as I thought...

Well, I have KSP now, so I feel like I can contribute to this thread

Have you tried out the cargo bays yet? If MK2 is new (which I'm assuming it is from this), check them out. It's an awesome way to send satellites into orbit without sticking a huge weight on top of your rocket, plus it looks cool.

Also, is the MK2 especially durable? I've been mostly using it anyway, so the fact that it seems to survive just about anything might not be as universal as I thought...

There's a cargo bay in that picture I posted. :P I flipped it upside down to make a bomb bay. The entire MK2 fuselage system is brand new as of the 0.25 update.

Anyway like I said in the KJ, I want to make a space shuttle that can go to the mun, and of course the cargo bays are essential to that plan. I tested a plane very similar to the one in my picture, except it was powered by a LTV-30. It worked really well, but the thrust was greater than I might need so I'll probably try an aerospike to improve fuel efficiency.

Do you want to stay completely stock?If you don't, check out BD Armory. Pretty cool weapons mod with a variety of explosive devices and things that go ratatatatatatatatata! very neatly.

Heh heh heh.

Hahahahaha.

>: D

I was going to build a more traditional shuttle with a lower heavy-lift stage to help it to orbit. I was considering the the Aerospike because it strikes a nice balance between fuel consumption and thrust. I'm afraid the LV-909 won't be able to complete maneuvers quickly enough, as this plane would be fairly large and heavy. I guess I'll have to do some tests.

The latest version of extraplanetary launchpads has a survey build feature. Place stakes down to define the spawn point and build directly onto the ground.

Hell yeah, single vessel base building on the mun for reduced part counts. No more skycranes to pick base sections off the launchpad and plop them down where needed.

And with a bit of mod interaction this is a perfect system for creating new static buildings. So RTS KSP is getting closer to reality, especially with the new stuff they've laid out for .26.

Indeed. I hope that modders (Extraplanetary Launchpads seems most likely, though other mods may appears) are able to somehow hook into upgradable buildings and allow for actual, functional buildings to be built anywhere on the planet(s).

That would be so much fun.

EDIT: Next version isn't going to be 0.26. Nope! It's 0.90.0.

Edited by Melfice

Ugh.

Every time.

"Hurrr, the new parts suck. They make my planes fly wrong!"

"Don't worry! I brought back the old parts!"

WHY!? The new parts are better! They look better. Perform better. ARE BETTER. PERIOD.

Let go of the past and learn the new parts and realize they're better! PLEASE.

(Sorry for the rant...)

Edited by Melfice

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...