Kerbal Space Program

Xylord

Kethane has been updated. Though the update changes part names so it breaks saves and requires an uninstall before updating.

Not much else really, and none of the other mods I had. And the forums are so overburdened I doubt many will be able to post their updates for a day or two.

Ah well, I just got a new sims 3 game going anyway.

Kinda like with minecraft updates, it's going to be best to wait awhile for things to catch up.

I'm actually thinking about gutting out a couple bland mods I had and add in some of the realistic/harder mods.

Remote tech, modular fuels, and TAC life support mainly. Remote and life support mean probes are harder but manned missions are even worse. All in all it'll make things much more interesting.

Okay, got around to building that Jetcan rocket. After some fiddling around for better stage controls and flight surfaces, I was amazed at how absurdly powerful the design was, despite babying the initial rockets a little. It could blast an escape path way outside the Kerbin System in just over 8 hours. Now that's cooking with rocket fuel. :dukedog:

Yeesh. 0.21 uses quite a bit more memory, and my poor 4gig system can't run anything else with it.

Finally got around to updating the mods that I could. So far it's nice, and my rocket designs fit well with the (A)SAS changes.

Map twitching with kethane and mechjeb is definitely a problem, need to track down that plugin I saw a couple days ago that fixes it. Once I find it I'll update the pack I threw together, if anyone is interested.

Alas, my ship has proven to be to lag inducing to be of any use, that and the fact that fully loaded it takes 23 minutes to perform a 3000 delta V maneuver and its oscillations during acceleration are worrying and look like under a sustained burn they would rip it to shreds.

All that said, even with the long burns in reality it would be very practical with it's overall high delta V and towing capacity. If you really wanted to you could mount five smaller ships, many probes, and a crew of twelve (Excluding other ships). If you had a powerful computer and the game engine was a bit better this thing could take you ac across the cosmos mining kethane on the way. It's a shame to have to scrap the project but has been a great start and introduction to KSP.

Thanks to everyone who watched my streams building it, it was a pleasure and I hope you will watch my more practical universe with smaller ships.

http://imgur.com/a/hYO0A

• 2 weeks later...

Lotsa tweaking and updates over the last week or so. HOME, kethane, spitfire, and extraplanetary launchpads all had nice updates and I went through fixing sas discrepancies and other bugs from mods not fully updating.

Started a new game today and got most of my bootstrap setup done. Just need one more load of metal shipped to minmus and I'll be able to get the miner and smelter built to make it self sufficient (till the deposits run out).

Just wish they had a lighter smelter part. Something that weighed less in exchange for slower work rate and higher power use.

Lotsa tweaking and updates over the last week or so. HOME, kethane, spitfire, and extraplanetary launchpads all had nice updates and I went through fixing sas discrepancies and other bugs from mods not fully updating.

Started a new game today and got most of my bootstrap setup done. Just need one more load of metal shipped to minmus and I'll be able to get the miner and smelter built to make it self sufficient (till the deposits run out).

Just wish they had a lighter smelter part. Something that weighed less in exchange for slower work rate and higher power use.

Are you going to zip this one up too? :D

Slower work rate and greater energy cost are not great expenses with time warp. The only real expenses mods can have is mass and efficiency. Once cost is incorporated that will be as well.

Yes, I'll have it synced with dropbox in a couple minutes.

As for timewarp, that line of thinking is what made kethane scanning a pain.

Time does matter, especially if you have other flights with non-stable orbits going on. And if you add in a life support plugin (which I will once tac life support matures a bit) time becomes a major limiting factor since you can't run converters on non-active ships.

Realistically the kethane plugin should support off-deposit mining and depleted deposit yields. Iron isn't only present in ore deposits, and both iron and energy resource (oil, nat gas) extraction operations don't stop because they drain the deposit, but because they got the easily available stuff. With the right tools and enough work (energy x time) you can get build and fuel a rocket pretty much anywhere.

Yes, I'll have it synced with dropbox in a couple minutes.

As for timewarp, that line of thinking is what made kethane scanning a pain.

Time does matter, especially if you have other flights with non-stable orbits going on. And if you add in a life support plugin (which I will once tac life support matures a bit) time becomes a major limiting factor since you can't run converters on non-active ships.

Realistically the kethane plugin should support off-deposit mining and depleted deposit yields. Iron isn't only present in ore deposits, and both iron and energy resource (oil, nat gas) extraction operations don't stop because they drain the deposit, but because they got the easily available stuff. With the right tools and enough work (energy x time) you can get build and fuel a rocket pretty much anywhere.

I see where your coming from. Alright cool. As for your modpack (Is it safe to call it that or will modders cry out?) I cant wait!

I'm watching the tac life support plugin. You have to worry about air, environmental conditioning (electric), food, and water. It just needs recyclers and generators so offworld colonies are viable.

Once the realism mods mature enough I'm going to be adding a couple in. Tac for life support plus remotetech so my kerbalnauts have a reason to leave mission control, and possibly one of the computer simulators if I need something to augment RT2's guidance computer.

Note to self. When solid fuel boosters are placed incorrectly and send the entire rocket out of control, SAS isn't working and you decide to jettison the boosters you should throttle down. Or else they fly past, burn up your rocket, leaving only the command module. SO close to going into orbit (havnt till now cuz I want to get used to off the game, and want no deaths.)

EDIT:

I just made my first orbital flight! I couldn't create a stable orbit (For some reason my main stage engine (two orange tanks, one mainsail) gets jettisoned along with my solid fuel boosters, which shouldn't be happening. Once i get that fixed I have preliminary design for my main rocket. Ill have a kerbalnaught orbit the planet a couple times, and then put up some satellites for my remotech comm network.)