Kerbal Space Program

Xylord

Just a tip, Ysharma. Solid boosters won't shut off until their fuel runs out.

Yeah I remembered that after posting.

That kinda tends to happen with huge flames and lots of fuel, doesn't it?

No, solid fuel rockets have a solid core which is ignited. Liquid fuel delivers liquid to a combustion chamber through pipes. You can cut off liquid fuel flow with a valve, but once you light solid fuel, there is no way to turn it off.

Yeah I remembered that after posting.

No, solid fuel rockets have a solid core which is ignited. Liquid fuel delivers liquid to a combustion chamber through pipes. You can cut off liquid fuel flow with a valve, but once you light solid fuel, there is no way to turn it off.

That's more of what I meant, solid fuel. But yes.

• 2 weeks later...

For your consideration: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/47399-kOS-Scriptable-Autopilot-System-0-35

I'm thinking if I cut out B9 I can fit that in and still be able to run the game (my poor underpowered computer). I already have an idea for a suicide lander program for that.

Course I need to finish saints row 4 before I'm booting KSP up again...

• 2 weeks later...

I loved the game. I got 2 stations in Kerbin Orbit (1 around Minmus as a Kethane Depot), a Kethane Miner to get Kethane from Minmus, and I have 90+ days before I am set to do an interplanetary to Duna with my Star-Wars style space driver ring thing.

It's basicly a nice ring with 2 nuclear engines. The shuttle on it uses B9's SABRE engines for atmospheric and non atmospheric stuff. Although, the wings are tiny.

Love this game, though I can only get things to orbit one thing: the sun. After watching some Youtube videos, I've got a better idea what to do, but it's still slow going. If my little Kerbals survive even being on the launch pad, I consider it a success.

A very good stepping stone to the rest of the kerbol system.

The Jetcan rocket design works very well for getting out of Kerbal's gravity well. (Six stacks of two huge fuel canisters--the orange one--with heavy rockets on the end, surrounding a central shaft of a standard rocket design. You'll have to add stabilizers and linkages to keep it together for the initial burn, then use horizontal explosive decouplers to get rid of them when they're empty.)

You'll have to figure out how to stop it, though--it will take you out of the entire system in 8 hours' worth of time. It's just that powerful. :lizard:

• 3 months later...

Extraplanetary launchpads added an orbital dock construction part. If you have problems getting designs into orbit you could get that and kethane, and do a bunch of smaller launches to get the dock and necessary storage pieces and supplies up into LKO and build an orbital construction yard.

Personally I'd get a bunch up then build a single piece station will all necessary parts from that, to save on part count. Then start resupplying it and building my space tugs.

Thinking about messing with my mod list and getting a themed playthrough going. Robotic colonization maybe, with remotetech and TAC life support to make things hard mode. Though I'd want a way to regerate life support so colonists could survive long term.

Oh, I know. I read the post.

But this testing needn't confirm anything. Remember that the devs, until the KMP mod, were convinced multiplayer was impossible.

So, it might be until 0.30 'till we see multiplayer. Or it could be the next release. I don't know.

And orbital jousting? People have been planning all-out war! One guy's already working on a mod that introduces proper armour with corresponding guns.

Their stated plan is .24 will make KSP concept complete. The single player campaign will have all the major features they want and you will be able to play the game as they originally intended.

The next version after that will add multiplayer. With all the core features nailed into place the multiplayer code has all it needs to worry about.

True things could get pushed back, but most likely they'll just delay .25 until they have the multiplayer code usable instead of releasing multiple "major" versions inbetween.

As for multiplayer being impossible. That was bogus to begin with.

Hard yes, possibly even beyond the scope of their skillset at the time, but never impossible.

Hrm. Anyone wanna learn KSP modding with me?

I'm thinking about making an advanced generator module plugin to support things such as non-resource inputs (solar, g-forces, location, vessel state), inactive vessel work, and a larger variety of output options (ratios, waste vs constraint, input-output grouping, science). But frankly I'm sick of programming without people to talk to and bounce ideas off of.

Hrm. Anyone wanna learn KSP modding with me?

I'm thinking about making an advanced generator module plugin to support things such as non-resource inputs (solar, g-forces, location, vessel state), inactive vessel work, and a larger variety of output options (ratios, waste vs constraint, input-output grouping, science). But frankly I'm sick of programming without people to talk to and bounce ideas off of.

Sounds fun. I got a C# IDE for plugins, but it seems like you need the Unity editor to make models and it doesn't run on Linux.