Help Coding

The tutorials off the Forge wiki started me off, but be warned that it's not comprehensive as I would've liked. The writers of those tutorials have their own mods to code first. (A good example is mDyio, who said he would do a tutorial on multiblock structures, but he's pretty busy on Tinker's Construct and Natura.) Wisest thing to do is to not whine about delays and look around for code examples in open-sourced mods instead that does what you're looking for. I've been looking at PowerConverters on github for internal liquid tank examples.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@ Jay, thats what I plan on using for learning java after I finish c++(im halfway through c++)

It really is quite good. Codeacademy is better if you need help staying on track, because it incentivises at you like nobodys business. The problem is that it has relatively few options for languages. I'm going to be using it for Python soon, though.

Looks helpful, but isnt there a difference between java and javascript?

aww god they are

so now I have spent ages learning the wrong programming language huff back to square one I guess :(

It really is quite good. Codeacademy is better if you need help staying on track, because it incentivises at you like nobodys business. The problem is that it has relatively few options for languages. I'm going to be using it for Python soon, though.
what do they use python for?

aww god they are

so now I have spent ages learning the wrong programming language huff back to square one I guess :(

While it isn't Java, Javascript is a good one to learn regardless. You can use it to interface with youtube and some other video sites, which is how plug.dj works (they even have their own javascript API). It's also one of the languages unity3d understands, and torquescript is so similar you'd have no problems switching between the two.

While it isn't Java, Javascript is a good one to learn regardless. You can use it to interface with youtube and some other video sites, which is how plug.dj works (they even have their own javascript API). It's also one of the languages unity3d understands, and torquescript is so similar you'd have no problems switching between the two.

I think I might continue to learn it then but I would rather like to know how to make mods for minecraft rather than just messing around with the texture file

CodeAcademy does have a Java section, which is what I've been using to learn it when I'm trying to get into modding.

where? it has JavaScript not Java- 2 totally different coding languages!

I thought they where the same to! but turns out they are not :(

where? it has JavaScript not Java- 2 totally different coding languages!

I thought they where the same to! but turns out they are not :(

Nope, they definitely have a Java course. I think it was part of codeyear.

This may be a rather stupid question but anyway, I recently downloaded and installed JDK: (Java Development Kit) from their site but after installing was challenged to find out there was no icon for this program

after messing around in the program files I found no way to actually launch this software

has anyone used this/ knows how to use it? also do I need to download and install net beans too?

This may be a rather stupid question but anyway, I recently downloaded and installed JDK: (Java Development Kit) from their site but after installing was challenged to find out there was no icon for this program

after messing around in the program files I found no way to actually launch this software

has anyone used this/ knows how to use it? also do I need to download and install net beans too?

A little further above, i posted a link to thenewboston. One of the first videos in their java series will tell you how to get all that set up for you.

Here it is: http://thenewboston.org/watch.php?cat=31&number=1