Copper, tin and silver in pulverizer

viesiu

Apparently, the mentioned ores that spawn in the world, all come from the Metallurgy mod and that makes them "not-so-compatible" with Thermal Expansion's pulverizer. Which means, when I pulverize them, there's no chance whatsowever they will produce bonus resources, which kinda bugs me. I know there's plenty of these ores in the world either way, but I rly like the bonus resources feature in TE and I'd like to keep it working. So, is there anyway to make the Merallurgy ores work properly with pulverizer, or simply swapping them in world gen with TE ones?

Maybe the forge lexicon would allow you to transfer raw ore blocks from one mod to another in the same way that you can change ingots. Unfortunately, I don't think there's any way to automate this (or if it's even possible).

Alternatively, you might be able to edit the metallurgy and thermal expansion configs to disallow generation of metallurgy silver/tin/copper/lead/whatever and bump up the TE ore rates. I'm not at my technic computer now, but I believe that TE configs are in /config/cofh and metallurgy are in /config/metallurgy. Should be fairly straightforward from there, but this change will only affect chunks that haven't been generated yet.

I would think that if they're able to be changed via the lexicon, that they would also produce the same results as TE ores in the pulverizer. If the pulverizer recipes were not made using ore dictionary entries, the items would simply not pulverize.

I'll mess around with things and see if the ores are giving byproduct when they pulverize.

The default copper ore is producing gold occasionally in addition to copper when being pulverized. There is just a low chance of it happening.

You'd think that the Pulverizer takes stuff from the Forge ore dictionary. And it does. Problem is, Metallurgy has a system of its own, I think.

I recommend dropping a note to RebelKeithy over on the MCForums to see what can be done to correct that, but don't expect it to be fixed. (He's a cool guy by all respects, just be aware that he's trying to push out a stable Metallurgy 3 right now.)

You'd think that the Pulverizer takes stuff from the Forge ore dictionary. And it does. Problem is, Metallurgy has a system of its own, I think.

I tested it in game. Copper ore was producing copper dust with an occasional bit of gold dust. It's just not happening frequently because the percentage is low.

I've been trying to pulverize tons of these ores in creative mode to check this and not a single time have I gotten anything extra, so Im assuming it's not working at all. As for "fixing" this, I found an option to disable ore generation in metallurgy config files, so that should solve it (in new chunks that is, so maybe in another world ;p). Thx for the help.

Alternatively use MFR's Unifier. Ores can be automatically transformed in the first equivalent item out of the forge OreDictionary, which happen to be the Thermal Expansion ores (tested for silver, copper and tin at least).

It can even be automated by pumping the ores in the top and extracting from the sides.