quickly charging power-suit.

dwfmagik

• Discord Moderator

Set up an Energetic Infuser. This machine from Thermal Expansion can handle up to 500 MJ/t and will charge the pieces of your power suit which have energy storage modules. At that rate you can charge 4M worth of power suit energy in just over 6.5 minutes. If that's not fast enough for you, simply make a duplicate of your cheapest piece of the armor and leave it in the Infuser. That way you can simply swap it when one is dead.

The Energetic Infuser is currently the main way to recharge the power suits though it does have a power storage limit of 40000Mj which I find a little low.

It's meant to be attached to a power grid. If you are at the point where charging the powersuit is in any way difficult, you are obviously able to build the Cells and Conduit needed to support the machine.

I have it hooked up to my main grid but charging any items drains the machine's reserves pretty quickly. It only takes maybe 10-15 seconds for it to recharge those reserves. I just find it a bit annoying that it's quicker (or at least feels quicker) to take the item out, let the Infuser recharge and then drop it back in again.

I have it hooked up to my main grid but charging any items drains the machine's reserves pretty quickly. It only takes maybe 10-15 seconds for it to recharge those reserves. I just find it a bit annoying that it's quicker (or at least feels quicker) to take the item out, let the Infuser recharge and then drop it back in again.

That's just your perception of it - the Infuser balances incoming and outgoing power to prevent grid spikes and ensure even power flow. What happens is that you see the initial surge due to the internal charge quickly going into the item, and then it levels off at the rate of power entering the infuser (or the item's cap). If you're getting 250 MJ/t, then you will get 250 MJ/t into that item. You'll notice that the energy level only drops to a certain amount - it is in a way being used as a voltage.

Stick a hopper on the energetic infuser and have it output into a chest. Drop all power armour/tools in the hopper and go tidy up your chests or something. All will be charged when you return. I won't lie though, I thought there was a problem when the internal buffer slows and hovers at the same level, so many thanks King Lemming for pointing that out :)

The kinetic and solar attachments are really only for low tier armour setups in my opinion. So for fully kitted out armour you should definitely be using the infuser. And by that time, making a second set to have charging while you are away is probably quite an easy option. After running a quarry or two or three, high tier armour costs are negligible.

I tend to just drain the internal charge and then go about my business. I haven't tested this to make sure I'm not imagining it but it feels like if the infuser is sat unused for a long time and I drop an item into it I'll get a much bigger internal charge transferred into the item than if I let it recharge to 40k and then drain it again. It's like it has alot more of an internal reserve than it suggests.

Stick a hopper on the energetic infuser and have it output into a chest. Drop all power armour/tools in the hopper and go tidy up your chests or something. All will be charged when you return. I won't lie though, I thought there was a problem when the internal buffer slows and hovers at the same level, so many thanks King Lemming for pointing that out :)

The kinetic and solar attachments are really only for low tier armour setups in my opinion. So for fully kitted out armour you should definitely be using the infuser. And by that time, making a second set to have charging while you are away is probably quite an easy option. After running a quarry or two or three, high tier armour costs are negligible.

A way to think of it is not just as the energy stored, but as how optimally your setup actually is. All TE devices function in this manner - I'm taking BC energy and abstracting it as various things - Voltage, Frequency response, etc. It's a very simple, low-cpu calculation in this manner, and it allows for things like intelligent power scaling on machines and engines.

I tend to just drain the internal charge and then go about my business. I haven't tested this to make sure I'm not imagining it but it feels like if the infuser is sat unused for a long time and I drop an item into it I'll get a much bigger internal charge transferred into the item than if I let it recharge to 40k and then drain it again. It's like it has alot more of an internal reserve than it suggests.

This is because you are a human. We are naturally flawed in this manner - don't take it personally. Our perceptions of time and rates of change are not accurate or precise.

This is because you are a human. We are naturally flawed in this manner - don't take it personally. Our perceptions of time and rates of change are not accurate or precise.

We just started to learn about relativity near the speed of light in my physics class. Needless to say, my perception of time has drastically changed and is still changing. Just goes to show you how easy it is for your perception of anything to be vastly different then the guy right next to you and both of you still being 100% (Or at least close to) right.

We just started to learn about relativity near the speed of light in my physics class. Needless to say, my perception of time has drastically changed and is still changing. Just goes to show you how easy it is for your perception of anything to be vastly different then the guy right next to you and both of you still being 100% (Or at least close to) right.

Well relativistic speeds is a different matter entirely - spacetime itself is malleable. I'm just talking about the fact that as a general rule, we do not have an accurate internal chronometer.