ME Storage Bus/ME Export Bus

Dash16

I've got a quarry setup that feeds into my ME network, but I want to export all cobble mined to a MFR Deep Storage Unit. I configured an ME Export Bus to export stacks of Cobble to the DSU, which works, but I want to be able to still see the contents of the DSU on my network. I connected an ME Storage Bus to the DSU, and now whenever stacks of cobble are exported, the Storage Bus Imports them right back into the ME Storage out of the DSU. It's looping, the network sees the cobble as part of its network, so it exports the cobble back to the DSU, then loops and exports it again. Is there a way to store items in the DSU but only have them imported when requested by pulling from inventory? Do I need a fuzzy bus, or change the configuration options on a precision bus somehow?

Just use only the storage bus

Edit: I thought i should add you might want to stick the export bus on there to get everything out of your drives first. I don't think the storage bus will take stuff off the drives. But after that put on the storage bus and everything should puck the DSU over the drives. Works for me... Seems the DSU takes priority.

Why don't you diamond pipe the cobble to the DSU before the ME network? Then you can set up an import bus and a level emitter to import cobble when it gets below a set amount?

This way you won't need to waste power exporting and then later importing the same cobble. I think this would work.... havn't tried the import bus yet though, it's on my todo list! lol

EDIT: oh yeah Jono has a point there too.

Hmm. Think I'll need to rework my quarry input then, I've got it going into an ME Chest via Item Tesseract. I suppose I could switch that over to an ME Interface instead, then just use the Storage bus. Thanks!

That's what the storage bus should be doing by itself. I'd use the export bus to drain all the cobble into the DSU, then replace it with a storage bus and it should direct all the cobble to the DSU from then on. You may need to change the priorities on the system, I think you can get to that by shift-rightclicking the storage bus.

Thanks all, export bus to drain from the ME network works well, as long as the Storage bus isn't connected to pipe it all back in! :D Should be working out well now.

I freaking love AE.

I know your problem is already solved, but I have another suggestion: Connect only a storage bus to the DSU, but open the storage bus GUI by right clicking with an open hand and put a stack of cobble in there. This tells the storage bus to sink all cobblestone on the system into the DSU.