A Statement About Offline Mode And Piracy

Cheap Shot

Hi there Technic team

Made an account just to say that i downloaded your new launcher and quite frankly its a nifty little tool just for what it is. Saves the pain in the ass going from Technic mod's to Vanilla and for what its worth thats pretty damned cool, well done guys. The offline mode is a little bit of a loss however, hence why im here looking to see if you were doing anything about it, To my suprise you were, So congratualtions you guy's actually provide a better develupment service than the people i work for >.<!.

So for that, no worrys myself and the Arrgh's can wait till you guys are good and ready to put this in! ;D, Bless ya' and good luck!

Cheers man!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be nice if:

The Technic Laucher launched the actual launcher (which is in the same folder Technic Laucher is in) to play the game, like Minecraft Profile Manager.

Aside from making the offline mod avaible, it would also be good for people who has doubts about their account information being safe.

It would also support custom launchers i guess.

But i guess you guys just can't do it.

It would be nice though

It would be nice if:

The Technic Laucher launched the actual launcher (which is in the same folder Technic Laucher is in) to play the game, like Minecraft Profile Manager.

Aside from making the offline mod avaible, it would also be good for people who has doubts about their account information being safe.

It would also support custom launchers i guess.

But i guess you guys just can't do it.

It would be nice though

What in the hell are you talking about?

Hmm. I've run into a bit of strangeness with the offline mode; the launcher seems to want to go into offline mode fairly often, even though I don't have connectivity issues and should be able to access the minecraft servers without issues. Half the time, I can even decline to run in offline mode, restart the launcher, and get properly connected the second time around. Not sure why that is, but if offline mode is a new and somewhat buggy feature, that might explain things.

Offline mode is brand new. It's possible that it's buggy but it also might just be that since vanilla minecraft doesn't really have an offline mode that follows any sort of logic, ours is forced to use mojangs poor implementation of it. Time will tell on that, there might be a few bugs to iron out, but for sure regular minecraft doesn't give you the option to turn it on or off either if I remember correctly.

(Admittedly, I haven't even touched the regular minecraft client in ages so I don't know if this is still true. It's all launcher all the time for me baby 8))

Why can't people just pay the... How much is it now, $26.95 USD for a LEGAL Minecraft? Also when you buy the mine craft you get many benefits, plus you not have a LEAGAL Minecraft. Also if you purchased them game during beta like I did, it only cost like $18-20 USD not much. Also you have the satisfactory of playing the game legally and never having problems with piracy or anything like that. So, if you have not bought a LEGAL Minecraft, buy a copy here (http://www.minecraft.net/store), Your welcome.

The benefits for buying Minecraft are as follows:

• [li]You own Minecraft[/li]

And that's about it because there are no other benefits because there was never meant to be two different ways of having the game. If you own it, then you own it. If you pirate it, then you don't get anything but being able to play the singleplayer, and you're luck you even get that, because Notch/Jeb could make some sort of DRM that makes it so you can't even do that.

Why are people so bent on not buying the game?? It is only $27 and change.. OMG it wont break the bank. You can borrow $10 from 3 people to pay for it! Geeze... just buy it and get over it. Besides.. purchasing the game gives you easier access to update/downgrade your minecraft for modding which I believe you have to do weird workarounds for the cracked version..

Moral of the post- BUY THE GAME and STOP ASKING ABOUT PIRATING!!!

Why are people so bent on not buying the game?? It is only $27 and change.. OMG it wont break the bank. You can borrow $10 from 3 people to pay for it! Geeze... just buy it and get over it. Besides.. purchasing the game gives you easier access to update/downgrade your minecraft for modding which I believe you have to do weird workarounds for the cracked version..

you're right about that

I "burned" a thousand on my country's currency just to buy the game, and to considering i do NOT play online. why? because i love minecraft and i love technic. 'nuff said.

I'm Brazilian, which means I need an international credit-card to buy most of the games. My parents don't already like when I buy things that are from my country, when it comes to international buying it's even worse. So yeah, I pirated Minecraft for a while then I found a website that sold it using a payment method that is easy to pay, just go to the bank and give the money to the guy and you're done. Problem is that it costed me much, MUCH more than it would cost if I purchased it trough a credit card. And that's basically the main reason I pirate games, I don't have a "way" to buy them. But whenever I get the chance, I DO.

I'm Brazilian, which means I need an international credit-card to buy most of the games. My parents don't already like when I buy things that are from my country, when it comes to international buying it's even worse. So yeah, I pirated Minecraft for a while then I found a website that sold it using a payment method that is easy to pay, just go to the bank and give the money to the guy and you're done. Problem is that it costed me much, MUCH more than it would cost if I purchased it trough a credit card. And that's basically the main reason I pirate games, I don't have a "way" to buy them. But whenever I get the chance, I DO.

Pay Pal is international, you could pay using that. Minecraft has a pay with Pay Pal option. (thats how I got my minecraft)

What the hell are you talking about? You bought minecraft through some website other then Mojangs? Why in the hell would you do that? That's just asking to get scammed. You could have just used paypal like pieiscool said. AND why exactly are you talking about pirating games? I thought it was pretty clear that was a no-no here.

I've already tried, and I can't use Paypal without an international credit card. And I'm just saying that, If you pirate, at least buy the game at some point, be it Minecraft or any other game, even if you've already beaten it.

I've just put it the wrong way, sorry.

And about the website, It's a trusty one. I've always bought games trough it. Just buy something cheap and see if you get it, then buy something a little more expensive... You know, quantities that won't hurt your pocket and there you go.

I've already tried, and I can't use Paypal without an international credit card. And I'm just saying that, If you pirate, at least buy the game at some point, be it Minecraft or any other game, even if you've already beaten it.

I've just put it the wrong way, sorry.

And about the website, It's a trusty one. I've always bought games trough it. Just buy something cheap and see if you get it, then buy something a little more expensive... You know, quantities that won't hurt your pocket and there you go.

Yeah let's just give our money to 'some guy' and hope for the best... dear sir I would really not advice on using 3rd party organisations to buy your merchandise it's very risky and you have no clue what they're doing with your private information , even if it does appear to be working you have no idea what's happening behind the scenes (they may be selling your identity for all i know!). So please for your own sake buy it directly from the developers rather then from dangerous 3rd parties.

Also DOGGIES!! They so cute...

That's why I use boletos, you print them and pay. No need for any information about you at all. Even when you'r registering on the website so $10,00 won't be missed, at least i'm able to play games :/

I know how dangerous it is but I'm really careful about this shit. Thanks for the advises good sir :)

That's why I use boletos, you print them and pay. No need for any information about you at all. Even when you'r registering on the website so $10,00 won't be missed, at least i'm able to play games :/

I know how dangerous it is but I'm really careful about this shit. Thanks for the advises good sir :)

What in the hell.

Something this topic doesn't address is the subset of people who do own legal copies of Minecraft but prefer the freedom of multiple (or just different) usernames.

The option of playing multiple roles or profiles is now limited to the amount of separate copies of Minecraft one has.

Mojang/Minecraft.net has addressed the issue before and their stance has changed multiple times from

- In the future we will allow username changes

- We will not allow username changes

- The issue completely disappearing from their website altogether

It shouldn't be a difficult thing for the folks at Mojang to add this feature in. There are a lot of people out there who would be served well by this.

Regardless, even if such a feature would be implemented, this means that every time someone were to play as a different role on a server, they would have to get a username change from the website.

Also, on top of this, usernames that are already taken on Minecraft.net, couldn't be used.

Given how you use Minecraft and how you play Minecraft, this complaint can range from a minor inconvenience to game ruining.

If I were to upgrade our server now, most of us would be restricted to only one of the characters we play, and even if we had enough accounts to cover this (and rename the .dat files to the appropriate correct usernames), we will still have a huge mess of issues regarding personal chests and anything else that uses username-based permissions.

Yes, I do understand none of this was done for the sake of anti-piracy and done more for the sake of ease of development. But, the idea that only pirates or people who are doing something illegal are being held back by this new system is not true in our case and I'm not quite sure what to do about this.

In our case, we are being thrown in with the same group of people who illegally obtained Minecraft on the basis we want control over our usernames.

It would be nice if Minecraft supported a nickname function.

Announcements

• Anything claiming to be official Technic servers are not allowed here, for obvious reasons