A Statement About Offline Mode And Piracy

Cheap Shot

Vw2CH.jpg

Mod Edit: Offline Mode exists now so everyone can shut the fuck up. Yarr.

Edit 2: This doesn't mean "GO AHEAD AND START TALKING ABOUT PIRACY!" It means what it says, stop talking about offline mode and piracy at all. You still need a real copy of the game to make use of the launcher. It just doesn't work with a pirate account. Not an anti-piracy measure, it's just literally the only way it can work. If you want to talk about piracy, this is NOT the place to do it. Goddamn common. It's still in the rules post. That didn't change.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably not the right place for this question but going to ask anyway.

I worked out how to make it playable offline but it does require signing into the launcher at least once. Am I ok to start a thread on how to do this or would I be banned?

There is no point in doing this. The Technic team is doing this themselves, so doing it is pointless, please stop.

There is no point in doing this. The Technic team is doing this themselves, so doing it is pointless, please stop.

I could of just posted anyway but thought it would be better to ask 1st. I know there working on a offline mode but that doesn't help if people want to play offline now like me.

TBH not bothered either way. I got mine working offline and using my .bat file launcher so I can have multiple installs again. ;D

Cheers

So I have the Illegal Minecraft and I love playing the technic pack. Will the offline mode work for it? I have an account for minecraft but I have not purchased the game. I was exited until the launcher said I have to purchase the game. :-\

No. Illegal copies of minecraft will not be actively supported by this site.

wtf fix it and i head reed this before i posted my post stop blocking all the posts and fixs the f####### ofline mode

What the hell is this even? There's no way this guy is getting out of a ban, so could someone else translate this for me? All i've been able to deduce is that he DEMANDS we quicken the pace of our unpaid work for his lazy ass.

See, we're currently adding offline mode, and then idiots like this really make us not want to.

Just a quick query- If i open the game on my laptop while connected to the net so that i make it to the normal minecraft home screen will i then be able to play no problems without internet?

I have a long train trip this weekend and i can quite easily just sleep my laptop between home and the train

Just a quick query- If i open the game on my laptop while connected to the net so that i make it to the normal minecraft home screen will i then be able to play no problems without internet?

I have a long train trip this weekend and i can quite easily just sleep my laptop between home and the train

I don't see why that wouldn't work. You need to have it connected in order to download, and in order to get past the launcher screen, but that's about it.

That should work, assuming your computer doesn't auto shutdown after too long in sleep, and you make sure not to close the window.

It does work. Just be careful to not close it or crash it. By the way, trying to place cobblestone pipe at level 0 will crash the game (in creative mode on a superflat world). Just in case anyone was wondering. So avoid doing that and you should be fine.

It does work. Just be careful to not close it or crash it. By the way, trying to place cobblestone pipe at level 0 will crash the game (in creative mode on a superflat world). Just in case anyone was wondering. So avoid doing that and you should be fine.

Ugh, BC pipes are the worst. You would not believe how much trouble they give us when trying to put together this pack.

Hi there Technic team

Made an account just to say that i downloaded your new launcher and quite frankly its a nifty little tool just for what it is. Saves the pain in the ass going from Technic mod's to Vanilla and for what its worth thats pretty damned cool, well done guys. The offline mode is a little bit of a loss however, hence why im here looking to see if you were doing anything about it, To my suprise you were, So congratualtions you guy's actually provide a better develupment service than the people i work for >.<!.

So for that, no worrys myself and the Arrgh's can wait till you guys are good and ready to put this in! ;D, Bless ya' and good luck!

Announcements

• Anything claiming to be official Technic servers are not allowed here, for obvious reasons