upto date tutorial on how to get lava out of the netherworld

gzcwnk

i cant think of any tutorials however its fairly simple if your already familar with the old ways

supplies

1 magmatic engine some liquiducts and some redstone energy conduits a pump and one liquid tesseract 1 bucket, a stack of cobble is useful too but one can always use netherrack

1 first get to the nether

2 find a good sized lava pool

3 make a bridge perferably covered with cobble or what ever mats are on hand

4 place your pump just above the surface of the lava

5 place your engine at least 2 blocks away from your pump

6 place redstone energy conduit between the engine and pump make sure to right click the engine side to make it output color orange

7 place your tesseract this too needs to be at least 2 blocks away from the pump

8 run some liquiduct from the top of the pump to the tesseract as well as to the back of the engine

9 get a bucket of lava and place it in the engine

10 finally right click the tesseract and set it to send choose a channel and enable it

done now all you have to do on the overworld is place another tesseract and pick the channel you set in the other one and set it to recieve

run ducting where you want lava and presto blamo you got lava

I can't find the video, but I found a very simple way to pump lava out. Place your pump above the lava pool, place your magmatic engine facing up directly next to the pump. Connect the tops with two redstone energy conduit. Then use waterproof phased pipe or liquid tesseract to flow out on any side back to your base. Give the magmatic engine a jumpstart with a bucket of lava and profit(by placing the engine right next to the pump, but facing up basically auto feeds it with lava for consistency). it will never seize or overheat(the redstone conduit is a must because it slows the work load down to prevent it) and will continue to pump non stop. Don't forget your world anchor either.

Here's the visual, hope it helps:

you should also note phased pipes are not working yet so tesseracts are needed fpr now

I can't find the video, but I found a very simple way to pump lava out. Place your pump above the lava pool, place your magmatic engine facing up directly next to the pump. Connect the tops with two redstone energy conduit. Then use waterproof phased pipe or liquid tesseract to flow out on any side back to your base. Give the magmatic engine a jumpstart with a bucket of lava and profit(by placing the engine right next to the pump, but facing up basically auto feeds it with lava for consistency). it will never seize or overheat(the redstone conduit is a must because it slows the work load down to prevent it) and will continue to pump non stop. Don't forget your world anchor either.

Here's the visual, hope it helps:

i see one problem with this set up when the lava drops as it surly will your engine will no longer have lava and will quit

i see one problem with this set up when the lava drops as it surly will your engine will no longer have lava and will quit

Once the lava's gone, the engine isn't needed anymore. Any power the engine would produce would be wasted if there was no lava to pump.

I think he meant when the pump has to lower itself by a level then the engine will quit. And no, it won't. Magmatic engines have a pretty big internal buffer of both energy and lava so they can go fora while with no input once they are filled.

If you mean when the whole pool is exhausted then yes, but that pic is from the nether so it will take weeks irl for a pump to run dry.

but fairly certain it won't run till the pool is dry

This makes no sense. What won't run till the pool is dry? The engine? The pump? The pump runs the moment it gets any power. The mag engine will run if its given any lava. I can't think of anything that will only run while there is no lava to pump.

Ok i will try to be clearer

Once the lava drops down one lvl the engine will no longer have a source of lava now while it's internal buffers are quite large I do not believe it will run with out a source till the pump runs out of lava to pump

Still makes no sense. A BC pump has an extendable tube on the bottom that lowers itself to the level of the liquid. If the lava level drops one block, then the pump will lower the pipe one level which means lava will not be pumped for roughly 2 seconds. A full magmatic engine will run for something like 10 minutes without input. The only way the engine will run out of lava in this situation is when the entire pool is gone, and since it is a nether lava ocean, that will literally take hundreds of hours of pumping.

The setup in the picture will clear the full radius of the pump, which if I recall correctly is something like a 64x64 square, of all lava. Without stopping.

Direct from the pool? How? The engine can't suck in lava itself. Perhaps you mean if you bucket in the lava by hand? Even then the pump can lower itself 50+ blocks easily before the engine would run out of lava, and the pump itself has a small buffer for energy. I can not think of any situation with a pump and magmatic engine in the nether in which the pump and engine run out of power/lava.

the setup where the engine gets it lava direct from the pool rather then from the pump

Perhaps you could explain this setup, I can't think of any case in which an engine pull lava directly from the pool.

you should also note phased pipes are not working yet so tesseracts are needed fpr now

What do you mean they are not working? Phased pipes are working as intended for me? As shown in the pic. That pic was taken right from my server today, been running it from a lava pool for over a week non stop and it hasn't even dropped one bit. You could always rig up a shutoff switch when not needed. As for the Magma engine, it stores a lava source internal, so even if the pump changes depth it will still continue to run for quite awhile. I haven't had any problems with this setup for power.

dont forget a chunk loader or the whole thing wont work in the overworld

THANK YOU! I could not figure out what I was doing wrong, and it just never occurred to me that of course the dimension wasn't loaded.