Dynamic Tanks

Keighvin

When you use liquiducts, they have to have a redstone signal to pump out. You also have to make sure the little yellow band has a little "arrow" pointing away from the tank to make sure it is alleviated of its fluids. So use a wrench after placing it on the tank (just right click) and it should change the flow (little square "arrow") then use a lever and flick it on. Should start pumping right away.

Ah redstone, right, works now thanks. Although have one that is suppose to be taking fuel from a liquid tesserack into a dynamic tank. No arrow is on so it's not pumping out, I want it pumped in. The yellow band is a band but the fuel isn't flowing into the tank. Any ideas?

EDIT

That appeared to be an issue with the oil refinery having a liquiduct on it, pumping out the fuel to its tesseract that the other one is supposed to pick up. Doesn't appear to work properly with the liquiduct on so have to use BC pipes on the refinary, but not so bad as they don't break when on the refinery.

The liquiducts are doing my nut in, sometimes they appear to work on the tanks, others they refuse to work properly.

• 1 month later...

Is there a way to pump out liquids with mechanical pipe (from mekanism) ?

I've been trying everything for days, with valve ofcourse, combining with pump, redstone signal, im out of ideas, help anyone?

thanks =)

Vlado use the configurator and sneak-right click on the pipe connecting to the tank

• 2 months later...

Dynamic Tanks are extremely interesting. I'm really happy I discovered them in Big Dig, but have a question about "combining tanks".

From what I've read in this thread, Dynamic tanks hold less than Iron Tanks from Railcraft, but they can be made larger as well(awesome).

Can dynamic tanks be combined in any way? I was looking at Xycraft's "Multi-tanks" which seem to take the idea of Iron Tanks a little further with some slight modifications. One thing that's mentioned is Multi-tanks have a valve that when connected between two tanks it will balance storage between the tanks -- just a way of balancing and extending functionality.

I'm just now starting to experiment with Dynamic Tanks, but my main question was just whether two or more tanks could be combined, or set next to each other with a valve block or 2(1 for each tank) connected together, or just by using some pipe(whether liquiducts, BC pipes or somethings else)?

Big dig has a pipe that is just, simply called "Water Pipe". I'm assuming it was from only a few versions of Buildcraft, because I can't find info about it on the BC wiki, but the Water Pipe seems to correctly pump water into a tank.

I've got a pump at a pond with only Water Pipes connecting from the pump to the tank. No wooden pipes or anything. And 2 redstone engines directly connected to the pump and turned on with a lever on each.

I'm going to test through other pipes, though, this is just my initial tests.

@Maddawg5450 I noticed it shows water inside your tank, in one of your pictures. Will it only start showing water inside, after the water-level reaches a certain amount(Like at least 50% full or something)?

I have a 9x9x9 going and so far I'm up to around 768,000mb or 768 buckets of water and more being pumped in. 9x9x9 is quite a large looking tank once you have it built and I used glass for the walls, but it still appears empty.

FNynVwX.png

e869B5p.png

Info on Dynamic tanks is very sparse online. This short thread is the best source of info I've found anywhere so far.

@Lethosos Is OpenBlocks in Big Dig 1.3.9?

Edit: I can't access my world at all, due to consistent crashing upon trying to relog, after I tried putting a "Liquid Logistic Pipe" onto a valve.

I've crashed 3 times in a row, during world-loading. I just can't get in and get this error:

-------------------------------

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----

// Shall we play a game?

Time: 10/16/13 1:49 AM

Description: Unexpected error

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: buildcraft.transport.PipeTransport.delveIntoUnloadedChunks()Z

at logisticspipes.ticks.WorldTickHandler.tickEnd(WorldTickHandler.java:107)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.SingleIntervalHandler.tickEnd(SingleIntervalHandler.java:34)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.tickEnd(FMLCommonHandler.java:141)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.onPostClientTick(FMLCommonHandler.java:367)

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71407_l(Minecraft.java:1902)

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71411_J(Minecraft.java:835)

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:760)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:

-----------------------

• 1 month later...

Has anyone got any videos or images of taking the liquid out the tanks via the valves? It's doing my head in as no matter what, with the liquiducts and a tesserack it won't come out. I tape the pipe so the arrows appear and then liquid goes into the pipe. Tessarack is set to send from the tank and another is set to receive but nothing ever gets to the other tessarack.

Dude, You have to power the liquiduct with redstone. Use a lever or something.

Big dig has a pipe that is just, simply called "Water Pipe". I'm assuming it was from only a few versions of Buildcraft, because I can't find info about it on the BC wiki, but the Water Pipe seems to correctly pump water into a tank.

I've got a pump at a pond with only Water Pipes connecting from the pump to the tank. No wooden pipes or anything. And 2 redstone engines directly connected to the pump and turned on with a lever on each.

I'm going to test through other pipes, though, this is just my initial tests.

Water pipes extract water (and water only) that's one block away from them at a 1 bucket/second rate. No power required.