Fuck MCForums and all it stands for

jakj

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Check the Vanilla with Sprinkles set of mods, Better Dungeons has expanded head drops and spawner options available.

Word of caution: Creeper spawners are downright nasty.

But atleast it's relatively easy to get them to blow the spawner up, right?

Aha!@$%%

Neowulf, you're an inspiration. I've been able to rip out parts of a model and render it independently without having to touch texture coordinates at all, using texture packs fine, and with only one translation, one scaling, and one rotation per. And mod models should be no different except in the most extreme cases of weird physiology.

This is gonna work. Mob heads: Mob heads everywhere!

You might want to add a blacklist to that. It shouldn't cause any particularly damaging problems in anything to my knowledge, but it would be a bit weird if used in conjunction with Twilight Forest mobs which drop trophies, for example.

It won't work on mobs not listed in my tables, and I'll not let it work on bosses. And I changed my mind about player trophies. Current plan:

By default, all mobs have a chance based on rarity to drop a trophy. Players do not drop trophies.

Create a vorpal blade: Use on mob, instantly kills and drops a head, chance to kill you based on how full your inventory is. If it kills you, your own head drops too. On a player, vorpal blade does nothing, unless they are also holding a vorpal blade, in which case it's just like using it on a mob: Instant kill with chance of self death.

This might make for some silly PvP battles with armies of vorpal soldiers.

This might make for some silly PvP battles with armies of vorpal soldiers.

Oh my... this... could be very fun. I look forward to this mod. Part of me wants to suggest that we have some sort of high-tier end-game one-shot area-of-effect spell/ throw-able potion.

Perhaps some sort of vorpal vortex is in order? Keheehee.

The amount of rage you will unleash upon the creator of that mod is going to be awesome! *grabs popcorn*

I'm not so sure about that anymore. My little idea of just recreating his mod with a few tweaks has grown into an actual mod all of its own, and our methods are actually going to be quite different because I'm doing it the way his mod used to do, and he's changing his mod drastically to use some sort of mana/fuel system instead. So...I dunno.

I would certainly prefer that he be upset about it, because hopefully that would serve as a wake-up call to change his attitude into a more community-friendly one, but I'm starting to think he'll just turn his nose up and ignore me instead. We'll see.

That, or he'll be crazy enough to try and sue you for stealing his "property".

Which would be hilarious.

Especially since I'm doing no such thing. Even if he had trademarks, he couldn't sue me for those, because the only terms/concepts from his mod that I'm using directly are terms that have been in common usage for anywhere from decades to centuries. It'd be like Vivendi suing Sony because Everquest and WoW both have orcs.

Heh. Anyway, I finished generalizing the renderer this morning, so 95% of the time I can add spawning and trophy support to the mod for a mob in about five lines of code. The only hard part will be if someone makes a huge entity with awkward shape and no articulation, which is unlikely.

Heh. Anyway, I finished generalizing the renderer this morning, so 95% of the time I can add spawning and trophy support to the mod for a mob in about five lines of code. The only hard part will be if someone makes a huge entity with awkward shape and no articulation, which is unlikely.

Would you really want to be able to have those in a spawner?

That's why I think it's unlikely. Most creatures I just use their head or core body as trophy, and some like slimes I just shrink down in their entirety as mini slime. Big boss monsters won't be added as spawners.

Sorry about the lack of updates: This time of year (just before the fiscal changeover) is rough at work, because I'm one of the few people who doesn't run out of hours, so they keep going "pleeeeeeeeeeease". I'm working on it a little bit every night, though, and this weekend is free!