Mining World in Tekkit Lite

nickjer

Is there a stable way to make a separate world for mining only in Tekkit Lite? Does anyone have experience with a Tekkit Lite server that has a mining world. This does not mean a vanilla Bukkit server with multiple worlds. I specifically said "Tekkit Lite"....

I haven't tried making multiple worlds with MCPC+ and a bukkit plugin, but from what I read it is very buggy and unstable. So if anyone with experience dealing with this can leave a comment it would be greatly appreciated. Please do not leave a comment if you "think" you know what to do.

Unless you can force MystCraft to make only one world that has every ore (including emeralds found in extreme hills) and then block access to all mystcraft items and features, then it would be great. Full MystCraft on a public SMP server is suicide, so that is why every good server operator typically removes that mod. I tend to make public servers that last months without ever needing map resets, so full MystCraft is not an option.

Couldn't you make a single stable mystcraft world and add Custom ore generation to it to boost the amount of ore in just that age? Then block the production of all other Mystcraft related items leaving only 1 active portal too the age. One public mining age with only a single access point. Could be fun, could be a pain. Maybe allow only the use of Mystcraft linkbooks and lecturns so people can have their own link to the age, at their own location. This would require a little more setup of the servers world with you going in and creating the age before the permissions are set and the server goes live...

1 Mystcraft age doesn't seem to be the death of a server or game. It seems to start when there is more then one age created and the nether is being accessed at the same time. But I'm not completely familiar with servers and how the load builds on them due to multiple dimensions.

What Luke did on our previous map was set up a void age that acted as a spawn for the server, and creative built the various portals to the different dimensions available there. (Overworld, Mining Age, Nether, Twilight Forest.) The only thing players could activate were Linking Books, as you could put up a quick TP at spawn for anyone interested in visiting. (Not to mention very handy for building a library to your favorite vacation spots in the other dimensions.)

Unless you can force MystCraft to make only one world that has every ore (including emeralds found in extreme hills) and then block access to all mystcraft items and features, then it would be great. Full MystCraft on a public SMP server is suicide, so that is why every good server operator typically removes that mod. I tend to make public servers that last months without ever needing map resets, so full MystCraft is not an option.

If you're using Tekkit Lite, making a "Vanilla" world is surprisingly easy. Just make a MystCraft world like normal, but don't select any biomes and use "Native Biome Controller" as Biome controller.

Well I will definitely have to experiment with MystCraft a bit. But a "vanilla" world would be best with it possibly flat to make it a mining world. That way quarries have a place to run rampant, and wouldn't be hard to reset. Thanks for the great suggestions