[1.6.x/1.5.x] Redstone In Motion (Redpower Frames) 2.3.0.0 (October 8)

jakj

Can you do screenshots or a video? On mine it does render.

I can confirm the render issue while the frames are moving. I think it is a conflict with GregTech mod. Removing GregTech solved the issue for me. I tried RIM-Alpha with only IC2 v1.118.401-lf and there is no rendering issue but if I load GregTech 4.00e aswell then I do not see the blocks rendering on frames while they are moving. A am using forge 9.10.0.819 btw.

I can confirm the render issue while the frames are moving. I think it is a conflict with GregTech mod. Removing GregTech solved the issue for me. I tried RIM-Alpha with only IC2 v1.118.401-lf and there is no rendering issue but if I load GregTech 4.00e aswell then I do not see the blocks rendering on frames while they are moving. A am using forge 9.10.0.819 btw.

Alright then, in that case I won't worry about it. If you can get the issue to pop up at any time without GregTech installed, I'll take another look at it.

I think it is a conflict with GregTech mod. Removing GregTech solved the issue for me.
Could be because GT uses meta tile entities for it's machines to save on block IDs. I know his machines aren't movable with gravity gun either.

For the longest time there were also problems with GT machine textures where the machines would render as machine casings for ages and would actually crash if people opened their GUI before they were properly initialized. For some that took tens of minutes. Though that problem should be fixed for a couple of months now.

Could be because GT uses meta tile entities for it's machines to save on block IDs. I know his machines aren't movable with gravity gun either.

For the longest time there were also problems with GT machine textures where the machines would render as machine casings for ages and would actually crash if people opened their GUI before they were properly initialized. For some that took tens of minutes. Though that problem should be fixed for a couple of months now.

I doubt that's the case, because what my mod does (currently) is make a display list (the OpenGL equivalent of a photograph) on the client side before any blocks have been moved. If GregTech is using display lists individually for his blocks, that could explain the GregTech blocks not rendering, because his internal display lists would not copy over once the blocks disappear. (Same problem happens with template carriages: The grey "ghost" blocks use a display list, so if you have them turned on and move them with another carriage, they won't render until it stops.) But that wouldn't explain non-GregTech blocks not rendering.

for me its more storage mod which i can live without but i like lockers i dont use gregtech

Adding the More Storage mod makes things not render? That's...odd. You should post the error log: It might be a More Storage block somehow erroring out in the rendering process. (I really need to make that code more robust.)

i dont get an error log. without morestorage installed everything looks and works fine with it installed when i apply redstone current to an engine the frame and everything attached goes transparent for the movement process then blinks back to normal when the move is done. it moves and i get the dotted outline of blocks if im looking at them but they are invisable

i dont get an error log. without morestorage installed everything looks and works fine with it installed when i apply redstone current to an engine the frame and everything attached goes transparent for the movement process then blinks back to normal when the move is done. it moves and i get the dotted outline of blocks if im looking at them but they are invisable

There is always a log: It is called "ForgeModLoader-client-0.log" in whatever directory is specified in your profile. What you should do is open your world, move a carriage such that it disappears in transit, then immediately close the world and post that file to either pastebin or a private message to me.

There's no guarantee that file will contain the information I need to figure this out, but there's a good chance it will.

i started a convo with the log in it. i couldnt figure out a way to to send you the log so i copy pasted it sorry im on painkillers and they make me loopy

That gave me the info I needed, so I've put it on my to-fix list.

Why do you even want hardmode?

It takes sh*t tons of wood already, hehe :D

@Jakj: No problem man :)

I love supporting mods, and if they are Open-Source, I can help easier ;)

well I dont know what jakj plans for hardmode, I am assuming a constant sourcr of BC power or something. the wood is basically a one time cost, and wood isnt that hard to get if you have other tech mods (forestry, MFR, steves carts, etc)

I also want to point out that the 1.6.2 version doesnt work well with Dan200's new Billund mod (http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1936273-162-billund-legolike-building-bricks-in-minecraft/)

they just disappear like CB's multiparts

probably because if i had to guess they are multipart blocks, Forge multipart is a part of the forge API now and thus will porb be implemented in most mods.

hi first up cool mod but i hit a snag,

i was creating a lift controlled by a computer and wireless rednet signals

i used template carriers

right clicked it with a screwdriver and it changed as it should

built the lift

placed the controller next to the anchour (and with in the pattern area)

placed a computer next to the controller (also in the pattern area )

installed a modem on the computer (again in the pattern area)

then set about writting the program

m=peripheral.wrap("front")

m.open(5)

f=peripheral.wrap("left")

j = 56

function down()

print("down triggered")

j=j-1

sleep(0.1)

f.move(0,false,false)

if j >0 then down()

print("down "..j)

else

activation()

end

end

function up()

j = j -1

os.sleep(0.1)

f.move(1,false,false)

if j>0 then up()

end

activation()

end

function activation()

j = 56

local event, modemSide, senderChannel, replyChannel,message, senderDistance =os.pullEvent("modem_message")

print("test : "..message)

if message == "5" then

down()

elseif message == "codeup" then

up()

else

print(message)

activation()

end

end

activation()

on sending the signal the lift failed to move (it recieves the signal and triggers the down() code )

so i tried the lua prompt

wrapped the peripheral

did f.move(0,false,false)

nothing happened

so i thought ah ha! i need to use the screwdriver to open up a side of the anchour block. so i removed the controller and right clicked with the screwdriver on the side of the anchour block that faces the controller (or where it should be)...instant crash

now when ever i load the world i crash !

crash log http://pastebin.com/tKJ9A406latest version of redstone in motion as of time of this post

mc 1.6.2

forge 840

on sending the signal the lift failed to move (it recieves the signal and triggers the down() code )

so i tried the lua prompt

wrapped the peripheral

did f.move(0,false,false)

nothing happened

so i thought ah ha! i need to use the screwdriver to open up a side of the anchour block. so i removed the controller and right clicked with the screwdriver on the side of the anchour block that faces the controller (or where it should be)...instant crash

now when ever i load the world i crash !

crash log http://pastebin.com/tKJ9A406latest version of redstone in motion as of time of this post

mc 1.6.2

forge 840

That's the second crash report I've gotten for ResetBoundTexture in 1.6, so clearly that's a major bug I need to fix.

As for the peripheral not moving, it sounds like somehow the tile entity errored out and got deleted. What I want you to try is to break all the blocks, then put them back down, reform the template with the screwdriver but DO NOT use the screwdriver again to display the ghost blocks (click only once on the template block), put down the controller and computer, and instead of running your program, go straight into lua and try to issue a move command.

Tell me what that spits out. If it's literally nothing (as in it gives you a new command prompt without spitting out a single character), try a different type of carriage, or try it with no carriage at all, and see if you can get it to give you an error.

(To temporarily get your world to stop crashing, you can either use MCEdit to delete the template carriage, or you can change the block ID of the carriage in the config file to delete all the carriage blocks in your world.)

That's the second crash report I've gotten for ResetBoundTexture in 1.6, so clearly that's a major bug I need to fix.

As for the peripheral not moving, it sounds like somehow the tile entity errored out and got deleted. What I want you to try is to break all the blocks, then put them back down, reform the template with the screwdriver but DO NOT use the screwdriver again to display the ghost blocks (click only once on the template block), put down the controller and computer, and instead of running your program, go straight into lua and try to issue a move command.

Tell me what that spits out. If it's literally nothing (as in it gives you a new command prompt without spitting out a single character), try a different type of carriage, or try it with no carriage at all, and see if you can get it to give you an error.

(To temporarily get your world to stop crashing, you can either use MCEdit to delete the template carriage, or you can change the block ID of the carriage in the config file to delete all the carriage blocks in your world.)

un able to do that at the moment, but i had tried with just the lua command before i tried the screwdriver again, and it give a blank line, no true or false just a blank line and went back to the command prompt

hope that helps, can retry it 2morro when more awake and less about to collapse to bed :)

probably because if i had to guess they are multipart blocks, Forge multipart is a part of the forge API now and thus will porb be implemented in most mods.

Are you sure they are? I tried placing CB's microblocks in the same block as them and it didnt work, I think Dan200 created his own thing for it

I'll certainly look at testing a little with Koopinator's Slab 'Spansion mod, once he finishes the double slab system he's been throwing together. (Think two different slabs coexisting in one block.)

Mind you, way I heard that he's using a single block with a special tessellator to render both textures, so it may actually work...