[1.6.x/1.5.x] Redstone In Motion (Redpower Frames) 2.3.0.0 (October 8)

jakj

hello - this mod looks great. is it possible to make a high speed elevator with it? ie - am i able to change the speed - the elevator will be in SSP and carry just a person - no other object.

thanks.

You can change the movement delay, but even at a 0-tick delay it will still take 20 ticks (~1 second) per movement iirc. So you can move 1m/s at best.

Hey, I wanted to say, I love this mod :)

And to the 1.6.2 update... are you just waiting for other mods to update or don't have time to?

Because I got it ready. Fixed some stuff at the sources of yours, and it is working :)

(Some small rendering issues, but the functionality is working 100%).

2013-08-16_16.50.47.png

Since I don't have the permission to post the updated version, I will wait for either you to update yourself, or giving me the permission :)

Ofcourse you would get the sourcecode through PM / in the archive aswell :P

~ Greets.

I just hadn't bothered even learning 1.6 yet, to be honest. If you got it working that easily, I can just look at what you did and do the same.

And have you even looked at my license? How can you possibly think you don't have permission to post it? My license is so permissive, someone could rip off my entire code base byte for byte, give it a new name, and release it as if they wrote the damn thing theirself.

Mining turtle get no loot after use turtle.dig() function on any carriage.

That's a flaw in ComputerCraft, not a bug in my mod: I have to use removeBlockByPlayer to generate drops, because I need access to the tile entity to do so, whereas the normal block-drop functions of Minecraft are called after the tile entity has already been destroyed. ComputerCraft does not properly simulate the use of this function when its turtles break a block.

Due to the contribution by Lordmau5, updating to 1.6 will begin on Sunday and should be released on Monday. 1.5 and 1.6 branches will be maintained simultaneously with no feature differences between them.

Yay! Maybe you could also look into multipart support?

I believe the Player lock down thing in continuous mode is definitely a big issue, yes I can do a lot without being able to move but I would love to make like an airship or tunnel digger that I can at least stand on. As well updating the pack to the latest, thought I still only use 1.5.2, I do enjoy the mod and really think it is worth it though. Good Job.

Maybe you could contact Chickenbones for help?

Right, I'll just pick up my red phone with a direct line to Chicken Bones HQ and...oh, wait: He'll not just stop and walk some random asshole through his code.

I believe the Player lock down thing in continuous mode is definitely a big issue, yes I can do a lot without being able to move but I would love to make like an airship or tunnel digger that I can at least stand on. As well updating the pack to the latest, thought I still only use 1.5.2, I do enjoy the mod and really think it is worth it though. Good Job.

Turn off player grabbing in your config, then.

Right, I'll just pick up my red phone with a direct line to Chicken Bones HQ and...oh, wait: He'll not just stop and walk some random asshole through his code.

How about visiting one of the IRCs he usually sits in? Like I dunno, probably the feed the beast one, or one of those coder rooms.

How about visiting one of the IRCs he usually sits in? Like I dunno, probably the feed the beast one, or one of those coder rooms.

Me, in the FTB IRC? I might as well just throw rolls of toilet paper at passing police cars: It would cause far less drama.

It'll be fine. I just need to sit down at some point and start grepping and grokking.

Me, in the FTB IRC? I might as well just throw rolls of toilet paper at passing police cars: It would cause far less drama.

It'll be fine. I just need to sit down at some point and start grepping and grokking.

THere are quite a few FTB community member who like your mod (including me)

Hi jakj,

I just started using your mod and it seems really promising, thank you for your hard work. I watched all your video showing how to use all the different kind of carriage block and engine. The problem is that i cant find a way to make a fluid motion with ComputerCraft. What I'm trying to say is that the only method i found with CC is like "move(1,false,false)" but i need to call this method every time i want to move. I'm trying to make an elevator with a building of like 100 block high and the elevator is blocking 0.1s every step which make the travel from the base to the top extremely long. I did some research about that and i found you talking about "continuous mode" at the page 24 but I don't know how to use that (I don't even know if its the solution I'm looking for). If this feature is not yet implemented, it would be nice to have a method like :

moveTo(<numberOfBlock>,<direction>,<simulation>) and anchor mode would forced to be false in this case i think.

Since I just started using this mod, I'm really sorry if this question has already been asked, if there is currently a solution implemented or in the progress to be or even if this implementation is currently impossible.

Computercraft is multi threaded and does not explicitly sync with Minecraft. It takes time for things to settle after a move. The smoothest possible motion comes from a motor or engine in continuous mode with cooldown in the config set to 0, because everything happens in a nice orderly lockstep. Computercraft has to have a too-large delay embedded because it lacks that lockstep and you cannot programmatically be sure when the world is settled.

I won't say it's a flaw in Computercraft, but I will say its multi threaded nature is a giant pain in the ass most of the time, and while I understand why he choose to do it this way, he needs to have allowed it to operate within the main thread instead as an option.

ALPHA TEST for RIM update to 1.6

If all goes well, this will break nothing. If not all goes well, this will break your shit. You know what to do.

This is an alpha test, not a release candidate: That means bugs are guaranteed. It is 99.9999% identical to 1.2.1.0 (the current release) for 1.5, so you are looking for things that are fine in 1.5 but broken in 1.6. Feel free to copy your config file from 1.5 to 1.6 to make things easier to test, if you want.

(Credit to Lordmau5 for doing the work and sending it to me, which I mostly just copied and pasted.)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/izr8wtffs8rd9nm/ALPHATEST_RedstoneInMotion_2.0.0.0_mc1.6.zip

ok so this mod is awesome i installed the 1.6 alpha and theres no render for the motion it just goes transparent then pops up where it moves to. other then that everything seems to work well.

Can you do screenshots or a video? On mine it does render.

Amazing mod. I'd use this even if RedPower suddenly walked out of its grave.

The frame airship I made when I played a modified FTB ultimate pack was extremely counterintuitive. Needed to go through a step-by-step video to get the inchworm drive built and the default 1000 block limit made even a slightly big UFO impossible (luckily it was a server with just a small group of friends so I got him to double the limit).

Can't say I like the huge wood requirement, but I suppose I'll be able to stop using support carriages when I get around to using a stevescarts wood farm.