[Question] Soul Shards

Maddawg5450

If anyone has or is using soul shards, how do I manipulate the spawners to feed the soul shard? I've tried right-clicking with it in hand, destroying the spawner with it on my quickbar, and so far, to no avail. If possible, I wouldn't like to repeat my last go at making a max level spawner, which took a literal 1024 kills to get. (If there is a recipe for the "sword" that -should- be in the pack, that would be helpful as well) Any help would be kind, and I thank ye for the responses.

To clarify, I'm trying to destroy/absorb ALREADY EXISTING SPAWNERS to feed MY shard. Previous versions that I've used have done either +1 tier per spawner or +200 souls per spawner, either way allowing for a much faster collection of said souls.

Edit: I'm on BD 1.3.9, MC 1.5.2

I've never gotten it to work. If you're willing, just cheat yourself a higher level soul shard. You can spawn a level 1/2/3/4/5 soul shard without any kills on it. Kill one monster of the desired type with the shard in your quickbar (maybe 2? can't remember) and it should be set to that monster just like a level 0 one would be. Skip the grind.

FTB's wiki says right click. link

Read my post, thanks. Useless posts are great and all, but they're not helpful.

I've never gotten it to work. If you're willing, just cheat yourself a higher level soul shard. You can spawn a level 1/2/3/4/5 soul shard without any kills on it. Kill one monster of the desired type with the shard in your quickbar (maybe 2? can't remember) and it should be set to that monster just like a level 0 one would be. Skip the grind.

I play on a server where I do not have OP, so I can't cheat it in, otherwise I would. I'd do a fair trade of something like a stack of diamonds for it. However, if anyone happens to know a way to either speed up soul gathering OR collect spawners, that'd be fucking amazing. Seriously.

The Vile Sword is removed, but u can still get the Soul Stealer enchantment on pretty much any type of sword. Not sure if this is bug, or intended but it works (not only with Enchanting plus, I got it once on a book using vanilla enchanting).

Hmm... BD 1.3.9 doesn't allow for Enchanting+ to put Soul Stealer on without doing vanilla mechanics to get the book, or so my experience as been so far. The only enchantments I get on a vanilla diamond sword are Knockback, Bane, Smite, Sharpness, Looting and Fire Aspect. However, if I can get the Soul Stealer enchant on a book, I will keep trying. Thanks for the responses.