Mighty Smelting Help

ChrisB

I've put the furnace together 3 times now, and no matter which way I assemble it, it won't turn on. I've done it exactly how the book explained it, followed the picture example to a T and still no success. is there something crucial here I am missing? I noticed that you can craft a basin but the book does not mention where to place it on the furnace.

Lower the floor inside the tank one block down, so the controller and lava tank have empty air behind them. Also, the lava tank and controller should be next to each other. No glass, seared windows are optional, seared bricks all the way around is fine.

Lower the floor inside the tank one block down, so the controller and lava tank have empty air behind them. Also, the lava tank and controller should be next to each other. No glass, seared windows are optional, seared bricks all the way around is fine.

This is right, but the controller and lava tank don't have to be next to each other. They just need to be on the same level. This is exactly what you need to do though.

I had the same problem as you at first, the picture from the book is not correct. The description of the furnace text-wise is. What you need to do is make sure that the controller(and tank) are on the same level as the open space in the middle, so move them up one block and you are good to go.

so the first layer is made of the seared bricks

layer 1:

oxxxo

xxxxx

xxxxx

xxxxx

oxxxo

layer 2:

oxxxo

xooox

xoood

xooox

ocxto

where

o=empty space

x=seared brick

d=drain

c=controller

t=tank

hope this helps:)

Yea the picture from the book is incorrect and it's not even lit in the picture. Once it's lit (the controller), you know it's working. You basically making a 3x3 seared brick basin and then take what the picture had, but lift the controller/tanks upward.

Hopefully you figured it out.

Yea the picture from the book is incorrect and it's not even lit in the picture. Once it's lit (the controller), you know it's working. You basically making a 3x3 seared brick basin and then take what the picture had, but lift the controller/tanks upward.

Hopefully you figured it out.

Picture in the book actually is correct, it's just as a very unfortunate angle, which hides the fact the 'floor' of the smelter is one layer below the front blocks. Take a close look at the sides.

Still, that's a bit academic, because it's still a _bad_ picture, even if it's not correct.

evasu got the bottom layer wrong, its just 3x3.

My starter smeltery:

oooooo aaxxxa

ooxxxo axaaax

ooxxxo axaaax

toxxxo fdaaax

pvoooo aawcla

a: air

c: controller

d: drain

f: seared faucet

l: lava tank

o: flooring

p: pattern chest, to hold the casting patterns

t: casting table

v: vanilla chest

w: seared window, lets me see the bottom, the lava tank has the lava in the way

x: seared brick

Picture in the book actually is correct, it's just as a very unfortunate angle, which hides the fact the 'floor' of the smelter is one layer below the front blocks. Take a close look at the sides.

Still, that's a bit academic, because it's still a _bad_ picture, even if it's not correct.

I guess I can't see that it's correct. I just did what looked like the book said and it didn't work, thus thought it was wrong. Oh well. Thanks for clearing that up.

evasu got the bottom layer wrong, its just 3x3.

My starter smeltery:

oooooo aaxxxa

ooxxxo axaaax

ooxxxo axaaax

toxxxo fdaaax

pvoooo aawcla

a: air

c: controller

d: drain

f: seared faucet

l: lava tank

o: flooring

p: pattern chest, to hold the casting patterns

t: casting table

v: vanilla chest

w: seared window, lets me see the bottom, the lava tank has the lava in the way

x: seared brick

yeah thanks, found that out later :)

This video shows how to build it and also, how to make it automated, to some degree.

I can't remember if the person in the video has this part: if you are doing alloys, turn off the circuit first. Allow the metals to melt and mix into the alloy, then turn the circuit back on.

Alright... A little accident happened, and I'm stuck with a wrong mix, and having no idea how to just stop the smelting, and start over.

Any help? >.<;;

WebRep

Overall rating

This site has no rating

(not enough votes)

Grab the pieces out of the controller that aren't melted. Try to make as many ingots as you can out of the melted metal. Then break a block in the bottom 5x5 row of the smeltery to erase everything.

I have no idea if you can just add the rest of the alloy ingredients, drain off the alloy and then drain off what's left.

Take out all of the lava that you want to keep, you can put in in Seared Glass, it acts as a tank, or make another lava tank to hold it.

I don't remember if the lava disappears or not. I think it stays.