Suggestions/Thoughts

Sleaker

Some things that I think would be pretty cool in the modpack, I will keep this updated with suggestions/thoughts as they come through.

• increase time between meteor strikes by default. having kittens/meteors on day1 is not cool, possibly even disable kities completely, and increase time on meteor falling by quite a bit, or even relegate meteors to night only. Fixed in 1.01
  • set minimap to square by default. Circular minimap looks wrong as not enough chunks are loaded by default to generate a proper image. When exploring 1 edge is always black at the minimum, usually 3.
  • Get more materials included to be available into the TinkersConstruct (and disable normal tool recipes). It might be a bit of a push for new users, but a simple toggle option for something like this would be awesome. 1.01 added NEI items.
  • BetterStorage/Backpacks both give backpacks. Disabling backpacks in betterstorage would be best by default so there isn't confusion on these.
  • An HP increasing mod would be cool, such as using experience to purchase different skills. rather than relegating all progression to strictly items, some form of character advancement that can't be lost by dying would be very cool.
  • xrelinquary - guns are enabled. Why oh Why?!
  • Fix TConstruct tools not working with TreeCapacitator - Should already be the case.
  • Get TConstruct to add the book recipe items as pop-ups from a hotkey that are unlocked. Rather than from a book item.

I'm really not a fan of the Dimensional Doors and battletowers mods, I don't feel like they fit the adventure/rpg aspects as well as they could. BT seems more like an arena minigame, and while cool.. not really for a dungeon diving mod. Dimensional Doors seems cool, but it seems like it's just a cheesy way to bypass the meteor events etc.

Overall great job. The modpack has a great feel, and I'm looking forward to seeing additions, improvements, and fixes as are most likely already in the works. Keep up the good work guys ;)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree with most of the statement made above BUT i DO like Ddoors mod ALOT! the battle towers are WAY OP with the infernal mobs mod and the pay out is pretty weak. i really wish they would mo, creatures because the animals look AWEful and serve no purpose. i punched a polar bear to death with no effort. also add forestry and bees.

Please note that TConstruct has a life-extension item that gets worn (via pressing O to bring up the advanced armor menu,) and stacks up to 99. I'll let you figure out how to make it.

Please note that TConstruct has a life-extension item that gets worn (via pressing O to bring up the advanced armor menu,) and stacks up to 99. I'll let you figure out how to make it.

And these drop on death, and are mainly progressed through crafting recipes rather than RPG levels/adventuring correct?

And these drop on death, and are mainly progressed through crafting recipes rather than RPG levels/adventuring correct?

I'll have to check the drop factor, but they're crafted according to mDiyo. He's got big plans for the armor system, and should be in the middle of testing the basic features of it.

Edit: Just want to add thanks for he great mod pack, I'm enjoying it greatly. It brought me back to minecraft after a bit of a hiatus. It is a welcome change from the tech/machine based mod packs.

• Get more materials included to be available into the TinkersConstruct (and disable normal tool recipes). It might be a bit of a push for new users, but a simple toggle option for something like this would be awesome.

I'm not familiar with the guns, they seemed expensive for frequent use, are they so powerful?

not necessarily powerful, but I really feel like they don't belong at all in the pack, there's a simple config option to disable them though so it's not that big of an issue.

Also thanks for the 1.01 update. looks like a lot of the things I suggested were either already being implemented or were looked into, NEI items now show into TConstruct, meteors less frequently, no more meteor kitties.

Again, thanks for all the hard work guys.

Better Storage provides Storage Crates. They want to stack into a cube. You can lay out a warehouse or just jam everything into one giant cube. No clearance required, you can fill a room with them!

For the chests, I've been trying to lay them out deep rather than wide.

I personally like the TConstruct books. I'm not sure why.

I'm perfectly fine with Battle Towers, but if anything, make the boss not shoot fireballs? Also increase the time it takes for the tower to fall. Most of the time I have to jump out a window to get out in time, which doesn't supply much time for getting the loot on the top two floors.

Hidden

I'm perfectly fine with Battle Towers, but if anything, make the boss not shoot fireballs? Also increase the time it takes for the tower to fall. Most of the time I have to jump out a window to get out in time, which doesn't supply much time for getting the loot on the top two floors.

EDIT: Sorry for double post. How do I delete?

I like them too, but they don't work in multiplayer (only 1 person gets them), and if you die you lose the reference forever unless you enable cheats, or provide multiple other ways to recover the books.

Disagree on Ddoors and battletowers, the rewards seem fine from both, though DDoors is a lot more difficult with the watchers, I don't mind the gun because it is the only one really, sure you can get the pirate ones but it seems unique and the cost is commensurate with it, a tip to all the poorly spelled hookshoot and longshoot are invaluable tools for dungeoneering, and to add if you are going to disable one of the back packs, disable one of the quivers too, preferably the non legend gear one. ALSO fyi there is a way to increase your health but it is an item, all the parts are from loot i think except the container whichs takes tin to make haven't done it myself so i don't know how it works exactly but search heart containers or something in NEI to see them.

For me, all BattleTowers does is riddle the landscape with ugly cylinders. Thaumcraft has been begged for so many times, though people don't realize that Hexxit isn't a "oh let's just shove all the random non-tech stuff crap into one giant fat-ass modpack". Hexxit is mainly about adventuring.

also add forestry and bees.

Why in Notch's left buttock would forestry be included in a adventuring pack?

Why in Notch's left buttock would forestry be included in a adventuring pack?

Bwahahaahah!

"By Jeb's luxurious ponytail, that is a ridiculous suggestion!"

"Dinnerbone's hat, you are stupid!"

Oh man, too much fun.

ALSO fyi there is a way to increase your health but it is an item, all the parts are from loot i think except the container whichs takes tin to make haven't done it myself so i don't know how it works exactly but search heart containers or something in NEI to see them.

I'm aware, and as I already posted an explanation earlier, I'd rather see Level based increases, or some other form of gaining extra HP other than a crafted item.