Chest boss? What is this?

Theriq

I was playing Hexxit, and fighting off mobs in one of those underground battle towers. I got to the bottom and opened the chest, but it just closed itself and started to throw fireballs at me. It constantly screams "Daw!". What is it and how do I kill it? I'll give more info if needed. It also seems to be invisible. I can't see the mob, I can jjust see the chest and the constant noise of the explosions and the Daw!'s. I need help!

Apparently there is a room under the one I can hear the monster in, maybe something is down there.

I think that may be a bug with battletower golems, I myself seem to be having an issue with them however mine is that every time shortly after it spawns hexxit closes, no crash report nothing just closes. new bug in 1.0.1 i think will report when i confirm it.

Ehhh it's not every time but I think it may need investigating cant figure out what causes the close but it happens sometimes when I aggro a battletower golem twice from the chest and once from just walking onto the roof.

• Forum Administrators

I was playing Hexxit, and fighting off mobs in one of those underground battle towers. I got to the bottom and opened the chest, but it just closed itself and started to throw fireballs at me. It constantly screams "Daw!". What is it and how do I kill it? I'll give more info if needed. It also seems to be invisible. I can't see the mob, I can jjust see the chest and the constant noise of the explosions and the Daw!'s. I need help!

Apparently there is a room under the one I can hear the monster in, maybe something is down there.

Sounds like a Mimic to me.

e: Okay I thought you were saying the chest attacked you. What you actually meant was another mob started attacking you. Yep, thats a golem.

Definitely sounds like the golem. In my experience with hexxit, they tend to start attacking when you try to open the final chest. In previous versions of BD people used to just mine up and access the final chest without fighting the golem. I think the mechanic has been added to prevent this. And yes, I imagine heis in the room below. You should be able to access the chest when the golem is dead.

unfortunately you don't really have much of a chance, what with the tower starting to explode almost immediately after it dies, and never knowing just how much of the tower is gonna go you get some of the stuff but idk if you get all of it still worthwhile for all the good stuff you get.

The golem isn't invisible, he's just in the floor below you.

unfortunately you don't really have much of a chance, what with the tower starting to explode almost immediately after it dies

In the reverse battletower, it doesn't explode when you kill the golem.

• 1 month later...