Tekkit is laggy on my pc

simong93

Hi all i have just bought a new laptop specs are

intel i5 processer 1.80ghz

8gb of ram

64bit

and touch screen

intel hd graphics 4000 kinda sucky

but ive turned everything to minnium on tekkit and i still get some lag it makes no sense unless is windows 8 my old laptop was the same specs excepts a i8 and that run tekkit nicely any help would be nice :D

My battery settings are on max and always plugged in also ive allowed java to have 6gb of ram same with technic and still lag the thing i dont understand is my old laptop only had a i8and windows 7 that was the only difference and it run technic easy

If your running 64 bit, 2 gb seems to be the sweet spot. on a 32 bit system, 1gb usually is. But this is not true for all systems as each computer seems to manage resources slightly different. Also, if you are running a 64 bit system, make sure you have the 64 bit Java. Default is only the 32 bit version. That might make a difference as well.

The Intel Integrated Graphics simply aren't good enough.

If you have a dedicated NVidia card, you could force Java to use it in the NVidia control panel. But if you don't, then you're outta luck.

what Teraku said...your old lappy probably had an nvidia or ati chipset...intel should not be allowed to call their garbage "accelerated"

Why not? It can probably do a bar graph in MS PowerPoint at a whopping 40 FPS!

My battery settings are on max and always plugged in also ive allowed java to have 6gb of ram same with technic and still lag the thing i don't understand is my old laptop only had a i8and windows 7 that was the only difference and it run technic easy

ok daft question wouldn't technic and java be competing for the memory? bit like to children arguing over a toy

I am pretty sure technic runs as a java process and the launcher shuts down when you start minecraft.

if you allocate 6 gigs out of 8 to the process java will get messy, you're better off using 2-3 gigs (even less) and eventually check the permgenspace in tekkit options.

using laptops is not as bad as it used to be and the only thing that's actually slower is the hdd (unless it's a SSD). the rest is pretty much in-line with a standard desktop computer.

The gpu is definitely weak but if you try a new world it shouldn't give you much trouble.