Can't get Steam engine to work

DoctorFedora

Exactly as the title says. I haven't played Tekkit since the overhaul, so I'm having trouble finding my way around, and the wiki isn't too helpful. As far as I know, I should have an engine, a wooden conductive pipe, and something to use the energy. I've got a steam engine, pipe, and pulverizer. The engine seems to work (I put coal and water in and it creates energy and stores it in the bar on the left) but nothing happens from there, and the pulverizer does nothing, even when I've got ores in the pulverizer.

3qKWr.jpg3qKYO.png3qKZB.png

You need to use two redstone conduits. And you need to tap(right click) the end of the conduit that is touching the engine so that it turns orange. Orange = input, blue = output.

Seems like more work this way, but having input/output settings on the conduits reduces the energy buildup issues that Build craft conductuve pipes have.

You need to use two redstone conduits. And you need to tap(right click) the end of the conduit that is touching the engine so that it turns orange. Orange = input, blue = output.

What he said; my bad for not being more specific.

I still wonder why two conduits, both set to Blue, still transfer minute amounts of energy (5% to be exact, which is also the energy loss of Conduits).

But yeah, you need two conduits, and the one the Engine is attached to needs to be right-clicked with a Crescent Hammer so it turns Orange.