First Steps?

G4mersCom

Hi everyone.

After a logn time we decided to set up set up a tekkit server again. And we are still a bit confused, since essecial mods like IC2, Forestry and Redpower 2 are no longer part of it. Thats very sad IMO.

At this point I have to mention that I dont want to criticizse the developers of Tekkit. I am shure they had good reasons for dropping the mods and I am also shure the newly included mods in Tekkit are very good mods.

But I realy dont know how to make my first steps any more. You see in the old tekkit I went for IC2 or Equivalent Exchange straight away because those mods had some very helpfull tools for finding and mining resources. Those tools then helped me to gather everything I need to try all the stuff from the other mods. But now it seems to me like there no longer are such tools included since IC2 is gone and Equivalent Exchange was stipped of pretty much everything. So I got a few new quartz tools and later on the modular power suites which can use some power tools, but I no longer have drills or mining lasers and all this stuff.

So what do you think is the best way to approach this new tekkit and which are the first mod items you should build, that make your progress easier?

First steps your should take is to get familiar with Thermal Expansion. The sooner you set your machines up, the sooner you will double your ores (similar to IC2 pulverizer). After that's done, go to the wiki and find an interesting mod you want to play with. Link for the wiki is at the top of this page.

personally i start normal just like in vanilla then work to get a quarry going straight away after that i work with mfr and ae takes about 3-4 hrs of gameplay to get semi setup to where item storage and acquisition is mostly automated once thats done all you need to do is decide which mod you want to play with the most which the wiki can help with good luck

personally i start normal just like in vanilla then work to get a quarry going straight away after that i work with mfr and ae takes about 3-4 hrs of gameplay to get semi setup to where item storage and acquisition is mostly automated once thats done all you need to do is decide which mod you want to play with the most which the wiki can help with good luck

Are you four? Use some punctuation.

I think you meant

"still not a valid excuse for bad grammar"

And no, there is not always a valid way around difficulties, not all of them.

If someone had an arm cut off you can't expect him to play the piano. He may still be one of the best mathematicians around but you can't expect him to do everything.

*This doesn't apply to batman, of course.

Whups, fixed it. No caffeine this morning.

Not sure about that analogy, but hey, the field of prosthetics have made huge strides in the last two or three decades. Besides, you don't need more than one finger an arm to play "Chopsticks". :D

I usually say to get it dealt with before it causes problems.

Of course there's always those that don't believe they actually *do* have a problem. Like this one idiot I personally know of, and I suspect he's bi-polar.

Derail? I AM CORPORAL BREAD, DEFENDER OF THE CAPS LOCK!

Why on earth did you guys derail this thread? I want to sayy something crazyy, but I can't because the moderators will get mad at me.

*adds that to the Claimed Disorders Bingo cards*

Still not a valid excuse for bad grammar, there's always a way around any difficulties.

Ok so I will attempt at clairifing here disgraphia is one of the things I am affected by and so far is the only one I haven't found a suitable work around for that is besides typing on the computer because honestly out side the computer I write at about a grade 2 lvl this is not by choice or laziness this is simply a fact I have had to deal with i dont believe in crutches to get through life you take the cards your dealt and make the most of it

Anyway I'm not ranting and you won't ever hear me complain about the challenges I face despite my fallacies I have still managed to create a successful life and career as a trucking company manager (not easy considering I also am affected by adhd)

Alright now ya'll know more about me then any of my employees

If there is some punctuation software I don't know about lay it on me I'm all eyes otherwise kindly p*** off about my issues I'm getting tired of it

I get that it's frustrating to those fluent in punctuation and grammar but there as of yet nothing I can do period.....