How to keep a fertilizer stocked?

RamasesN3

I have been looking at a simple planter - harvester - fertilizer set up. Just a 3x3 area of wheat.

The only problem I have is trying to get enough fertilizer into it.

I've seen posts where people have 23 cows/sheep in a 1x1x2 hole on a sewer with a composter below, this is apparently the saturation point for the sewer/composter combo.

What I would like to know is how many composters does it take to keep a fertilizer on a 3x3 farm full?

I don't know the exact answer to your question, but I do have a counter question: Why do you need to have it running at full tilt 24x7? I have 4 24-cow Sewer/Composter combos filling two Fertilizers, and while that in no way keeps them stocked, it generates soooooo many mats that it doesn't really matter. I have a surplus of thousands of materials, with 4 Reactors running 9 types. On a 3x3 plot, you'd need a TON of Composters to actually run full-tilt. 3x3 Harvesters are incredibly fast, and I think Fertilizers can burn through 1 item per tick if necessary.

• Discord Moderator

@Dewfire: I see you are using Sphax but are missing some textures. There is a significantly updated patch available for Sphax on the new Tekkit which has many updated textures.

The BDCraft thread: http://bdcraft.net/community/pbdc-patches-rel-packs/tekkit-t274.html

look towards the bottom of the first post and there are links to "PlowmanPlow's Pack". I update that frequently.

I don't know the exact answer to your question, but I do have a counter question: Why do you need to have it running at full tilt 24x7? I have 4 24-cow Sewer/Composter combos filling two Fertilizers, and while that in no way keeps them stocked, it generates soooooo many mats that it doesn't really matter. I have a surplus of thousands of materials, with 4 Reactors running 9 types. On a 3x3 plot, you'd need a TON of Composters to actually run full-tilt. 3x3 Harvesters are incredibly fast, and I think Fertilizers can burn through 1 item per tick if necessary.

I don't really "need to", I was just wondering what it would take.

@Dewfire: I see you are using Sphax but are missing some textures. There is a significantly updated patch available for Sphax on the new Tekkit which has many updated textures.

The BDCraft thread: http://bdcraft.net/community/pbdc-patches-rel-packs/tekkit-t274.html

look towards the bottom of the first post and there are links to "PlowmanPlow's Pack". I update that frequently.

awesome -- I've been too lazy to solve this problem myself (and partly because I still don't 'get' how to identify all the various file locations/formats/conventions) and wasn't really sure where to look for the solution. Thanks for sharing that!

Nice, yea thanks, I just cobbled that one together myself with what I could find on the site. Some worked, some didn't, like weir said, I don't get what makes one work or not and I'd rather spend time playing!

Edit: Well downloaded and placed it in, but it seems to be missing all the vanilla stuff. Yours just a patch?

• Discord Moderator

Yes, that one is just a "patch" which should be overlayed on the base Sphax pack for the appropriate resolution. I have a *cough* full pack available, but the Sphax folks get cranky if you publish a link that contains their stuff. If you take a real close look at the URL for my downloads you can probably figure it out.