The Secret of Tinkers' Construct.

swamiwammiloo

If you're all unaware;

PyetzXs.png

The Cutlass is currently a secret weapon, along with two other secret items in Tinkers' Construct, that can block and do high damage with a 10% increase in critical damage, on critical. These criticals can also occur without the typical vanilla mechanics of jumping and slicing them before hitting the ground, making it on par of the rapier in terms of usefulness.

The Cutlass is made in the Broadsword Tool Station section, by using an X Sword Blade, an X Full Guard, and an X Rod. Currently the best selection for it is full quartz on a Slime Rod, Manyullyn Full Guard / Sword Blade cutlass, or a Slime Rod, Paper Full Guard, and a Manyullyn Sword Blade given your specific tastes.

Make sure to add the Nether Star also. What those other two secret items are in Tinkers' Construct are for you to find out on your own.

Except there's no way to make the Full Guard Pattern without cheating it in. Isn't a possible Stencil on the Stencil table, can only be given through OP commands or cheat mode in NEI.

I'm thinking this is future content, not a current 'secret weapon'.

Except there's no way to make the Full Guard Pattern without cheating it in. Isn't a possible Stencil on the Stencil table, can only be given through OP commands or cheat mode in NEI.

you can get them from the villager chests.

You've been able to get them from villager chests for the last 3 weeks.

Also the bane of pigs and random streamer.

Bane of pigs is currently only spawnable and insta kills any enemy with over a billion damage

Random streamer seems to be just a RNG arrow that keeps all possibilities in check, either that or it's a magically shapeshifting arrow.

Eitherway, neither of these are craftable, trust me, I tried.

I actually thought I wrote a thread about secret Tconstruct weapons but apparently mine got moved in favour of yours. Or I fell asleep on the keyboard again.

Also, why a slime rod? Why not Manyullyn? Isn't Manyullyn always more superiour than slime?

I'd generally go for paper just because frankly slapping a moss on there instead of manyullyn makes it indestructible already, making the best combination Manyullyn-Paper-Manyullyn + Moss + Quartz Maxxed.

Then again, if you'd use a manyullyn fullguard you wouldn't need to use moss, but it'd break down eventually and generally be far harder to repair (because you'd need to get your hands on more manyullyn)

However none of that really explains why you'd choose slime (being 2.0x) over a manyullyn (being 2.5x) toolrod...

Edit:

I wish I'd stop researching every single possibility once my mind starts questioning possibilities.

The fullgaurd as opposed to other blade guards will also influence the durability of the blade, something that I forgot.

Seemingly, a full manyullyn tool is more durable than anything in combination with slime, but adding a paper with moss makes it last somewhat longer as you'll probably never have to face 3000 hordemobs at once and generally between battles will regenerate the damage that was inflicted. Eitherway if it breaks down, it'll eventually repair itself again as to where the other will last a lot longer but become completely useless afterwards unless you always have a toolstation at hand.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...