Error Unzipping On My Private Modpack Help

michael noel

Alright, so a while ago, I posted in the forums about help on adding mods to the tekkitmain folder for my personal server where me and 2 other people play. Now the main suggestion was: "Use a custom modpack, that'll make it easier for everyone to have the same version of each mod."

So now I've uploaded my modpack, but when I try to use it on the launcher it reaches 100% and gives me the error: error unzipping gives me the modpack directory and asks me to contact the author.

Has anyone found a fix for this?

Also, please don't post: "I have the same problem." I'd like to keep this post linear and easy to navigate through for people who have the same problem and not a hassle because it's full of "I have the same problem." posts.

Edits or: "What people have already suggested":

I have the link to the modpack through my public folder on dropbox.

I am not using any anti-virus or my firewall.

I can play the modpack if I install it manually.

I used WinRar to make the modpack (Add to archive "Modpack.rar")

If you have it uploaded on dropbox, did you use the correct download link on the Platform? It should also be in your public folder.

Also, do you have the pack structured correctly? It's easy to make a tiny mistake that messes up the whole pack.

Finally, try temporarily disabling your firewall and anti-virus. They may occasionally interfere with downloads and installation.

Hopefully any of the three fixes your problem.

I had originally installed it into my public folder on dropbox.

I am able to play using the modpack if I install it manually (The reason I want it on the Platform is because my friends want to use them and it makes it way easier to update/edit the modpack for all of us.) so I'm guessing it's structured properly.

And I don't use an anti-virus or my fire-wall while playing games since they normally interfere.

So sadly, none of these apply to me :\

Thanks for the help though.

And I'll be sure to update the OP so people son't suggest these a second time.

for some reason I've seen issues with zips produced by winrar. use windows' built in zipping functionality or something like 7zip if you're feeling frisky. also, if you're getting errors about the zip itself (you are), your hosting is working.

for some reason I've seen issues with zips produced by winrar. use windows' built in zipping functionality or something like 7zip if you're feeling frisky. also, if you're getting errors about the zip itself (you are), your hosting is working.

okay, so I'll use 7zip, but do I need to make the file a .zip or a .rar ?

Did you mean "Your hosting isn't working? or it is working?

I meant "is". you won't get far enough for it to complain if your hosting isn't working. kinda like the issue you are having now. I'd check the link you're using, as you may have run afoul of dropbox's direct downloading limits.

I meant "is". you won't get far enough for it to complain if your hosting isn't working. kinda like the issue you are having now. I'd check the link you're using, as you may have run afoul of dropbox's direct downloading limits.

A single user would be very unlikely to use up dropbox's max unless he's hosting twenty other well used packs with it. I suspect the link itself. Another problem may be packing the wrong files in the wrong way. To help you it would be far easier if we had the link to the modpack so we may see exactly what you have done. It may be as simple as packing the folder containing your main folders or a misspelled file.

• 1 month later...