Will There Be A Fix?

I have tried every solution under the sun to fix Hexxit. It was working fine until early today. Why is there no solution that works? No sound, missing textures on vanilla texture and force closes. Every other mod pack works fine. Where are the developers? Why aren't they fixing this? I understand that it's a mod but if Technic and FTB work with minor problems why can't this one work?

Anyone have a resource folder for Hexxit which I can use to get sounds back? Can someone show me how to get Hexxit to load textures instead of black boxes and missing mod pictures?

Have you tried stuffing your pants with sherbert and yodeling?

Now I understand the forum here. The users help each other and the mods keep us entertained. Bravo jester! Here have a hering so you can cut down that mighty tree over there.

@Yorkshire the problem me and the other jokers here are having is following you. You say you already tried everything that is possible, so what do you expect from us?

If you want us to list options that you may not have considered please list the actions you have taken so far. eg. Reset the Modpack, Redownloaded Technic Lauchner, Uninstalled and Reinstalled Java, Set the PermGen size, Increased RAM for Technic Launcher, examining logfiles for potential reasons, Rebooting PC, reinstalling Graphic card drivers, reinstalling Sound card drivers, and so on. As you see the list is long and maybe you even tried a few more.

So if you are here to request help please provide more information.

You have listed everything I have done.

If you want us to list options that you may not have considered please list the actions you have taken so far. eg. Reset the Modpack, Redownloaded Technic Lauchner, Uninstalled and Reinstalled Java, Set the PermGen size, Increased RAM for Technic Launcher, examining logfiles for potential reasons, Rebooting PC, reinstalling Graphic card drivers, reinstalling Sound card drivers, and so on. As you see the list is long and maybe you even tried a few more.

• Moderators

Why is there no solution that works? No sound, missing textures on vanilla texture and force closes.

You mean the game crashes? Or does the game window just close without warning?

In any case, there should be a log that tells the problem.

Post the forgemodLoader in pastebin.com and give the link, so someone can see if the problem lies there.

Where are the developers? Why aren't they fixing this?

What do you expect them to do if you have truly tried everything? Technic can't exactly do home visits to fix your stuff.

And so far you are the only one that has this problem, so it's probably an error in your part, not Technic's.

I understand that it's a mod

Hexxit is a modpack, not a mod.

There are a ton of people who have had the same issues. Google is useful. I have fixed the sound problem but the game does like to shut down on its own once every half an hour. I use a gaming PC and other games crash once in a month. Hexxit likes to crash for no reason.

The other problem which annoys me is missing textures. Spiders, creepers and zombies become floating limbs, heads and legs. In NEI missing pictures for some vanilla items and some mods. I have found a correction and have had someone sent me the files needed.

The infernal mod likes to lag my game. Not nice. I die constantly whenever I get the monsters down to half health.

Do you have Optifine installed? The graphics glitch was one I had that I isolated to Optifine. Took that out, and problem went away.

As for frequent crashing, sounds like permgen/mem allocation issue. Double check that you have at least 2m allocated an permgen checked.

There's a fix floating around for the infernal issue, it's a config fix. Otherwise, try not to get in a fight until you've circled the area and had all the nearby chunks generated -- that's my main source of lag in Hexxit. If it's unexpected, retreat to explored areas before turning to fight.