[3.1.2] DevCo Classic [20 slots][GreyList][24/7][PvE][Essentials, LWC]

josh.adam

devco_classic.png

"How do I get to DevCo Classic?"

Server: Classic.devcoftb.com:25655

"So what IS DevCo Classic?" I hear you say in that sweet voice of yours...

Well, fine reader, DevCo classic is the newest DevCo server, owned and operated by me, camurro9. It's nice to meet you. Although the server itself is very new we have a small moderation and administration team already, and we share a website/forums with the main DevCo server. (The mains server runs FTB unleashed, but we don't talk much about that.) Our main aims are to get a nice community based on friendship, respect and teamwork and to make some pretty awesome factories and machines (computer-operated everything factory, anyone?)

"But camurro9!" you ask me, "Don't servers have RULES!?"

It pains me to admit it, but yes, our server has a few rules. Rules help control the fun! (FRIENDS reference!) So, in no particular order, here we go:

01. The Admins word is above all, even these rules!

02. No griefing of any kind/bypassing plugins that prevent this.

03. No stealing/bypassing plugins that prevent this.

04. No pvp, it's turned off, bypassing that is a violation.

05. Do not cheat/bypass the AFK kicker to keep a chunk loaded.

06. No Collectors visible from outside your house/factory/settlement. EE must be hidden! if you violate this rule, your collectors may be confiscated.

07. Exploiting any dupe bugs is a violation.

08. Don't harass other players.

09. Client side mods are ok so long as they are not cheaty in nature (ex. x-ray mods)

10. Follow all instructions given by staff.

11. If in a town or city, follow all their rules (but they do not over-ride these.)

12. Quarrying within view of someone elses house or dwelling is not permitted. It's a big map- find your own place!

13. Lying to staff is a bannable offence.

14. Racism, homophobia and discrimination will not be tolerated at all.

If in doubt, just ask yourself whether a model minecraft citizen would do it.

You may notice there are no rules against strong language.- Strong language may be used, so if you're going to get offended by it's use, please find another server, arseface.

"Wow. that's a lot of things I can't do. I was planning on bypassing the AFK kicker to keep chunks loaded. Are there any other things I can't do!?"

well, yes. There are a number of banned items. These are listed below. (Items in brackets are available for use by players with the Trusted rank.)

TNT *

Nova Catalyst

Nova Cataclysm

DM Pedestal

World Anchor **

Teleport tether**

Dimensional Anchor **

Anchor cart **

(Reactor Chamber)

Nuke

I-TNT

(Nuclear reactor)

(Fire Charge)

watch of flowing time

(Destruction catalyst)

(Evertide Amulet)

(Volcanite Amulet)

(Ring of Arcana)

(catalytic lens)

(Hyperkinetic lens)

(zero ring)

(mercurial eye)

*TNT may be crafted and used in recipes but not placed or detonated.

**For chunk loading, please ask a member of the Admin team for permission.

"I guess I should ask about plugins or something?"

I guess you should. A comprehensive list of our plugins follows (these change about every 30 minutes, so it may not be up-to-date.)

CoreProtect

Enjin

LWC

MaintenanceMode

OnTime

OpenInv

PEX

Scheduled Announcer

Simple Vote Listener

Tekkit restrict

Votifier

Vanish No packet

World Border

World Edit

World Guard

"That all sounds very good. But I'm bored of reading now. Show me pictures!"

2013_09_06_09_23_10.png

This is our current spawn. It's quaint and humble, but as I said, we're a new server. We are in the process of updating our spawn. (It's gonna be big....)

2013_09_06_09_22_42.png

This is one of our new spawn buildings. It's part of what is going to be a massive floating city. (You can see that this building isn't even finished yet.) We are looking for help on this, so if you like building in a team with creative mode, we need YOU!

2013_09_06_09_22_49.png

What floating city is complete without airships!?

"Wow. That was definitley the most amazing server thread I've ever seen. As a completley unbiased reader of this thread, I would expect it to get Deluxe or something.

So How do I join!?"

The server is Greylist which means you can join the server but not do anything other than chat until your application has been processed. You can make applications either here or on our main site. (whitelist.devcoftb.com)

IGN:

Timezone:

Explain, in your own words, Rule number 6:

How long have you played tekkit for?

If you've been banned from another server, please explain it away here:

Tell us something about yourself.

Thanks for reading the entire post, and I look forward to getting to know you on my server.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IGN: cooldragon45

Age: 14, but mature, all except for my unprofessional looking ign.

Timezone: Central

Explain, in your own words, Rule number 6: You are not allowed to publicly use emc collectors, they must be hidden, or they may be taken by staff.

How long have you played tekkit for? not very long, i know the basics but i'd say maybe 3 months. I've had minecraft for over a year but i have not played tekkit in about 4 months, so i'm a little rusty

Tell us something about yourself. Well, not exactly sure what to put here other than I'm mature, can handle myself and my temper, won't use foul language if not allowed and can quite easily comply to rules on the server. Anything else can be answered if you need other information besides the fact that I can't find a good tekkit classic server and I think this is the one I've been looking for.

IGN: cooldragon45

Age: 14, but mature, all except for my unprofessional looking ign.

Timezone: Central

Explain, in your own words, Rule number 6: You are not allowed to publicly use emc collectors, they must be hidden, or they may be taken by staff.

How long have you played tekkit for? not very long, i know the basics but i'd say maybe 3 months. I've had minecraft for over a year but i have not played tekkit in about 4 months, so i'm a little rusty

Tell us something about yourself. Well, not exactly sure what to put here other than I'm mature, can handle myself and my temper, won't use foul language if not allowed and can quite easily comply to rules on the server. Anything else can be answered if you need other information besides the fact that I can't find a good tekkit classic server and I think this is the one I've been looking for.

Whitelisted. Welcome! :)

IGN: BarbaricZar

Timezone: GMT+/--2:00

Explain, in your own words, Rule number 6: You cannot use EMC Collectors in public or they will be removed/confiscated by staff.

How long have you played tekkit for? Quite long time (Around a year), ive also got experience with FTB.

If you've been banned from another server, please explain it away here: Well, once i joined a FTB Server and at the moment i joined, a staff member decided to abuse he bombed the spawn and everybody was like "OMGZZZ ITS BARBARICZAR HE HACKER" And i got banned, but seriously? i didnt do anything wrong.

Tell us something about yourself. Hmm, i'm a chilled little dude i love tekkit and its challenges, i dont use foul language i normally block out the word as there might be underaged children, i like Architecture i sketch and stuff, i dont rage easily or get mad i can handle myself pretty well.

I dont what else i should say, if you got some questions ill answer them right away!

IGN:TheChosenCookie1

Timezone:GMT

Explain, in your own words, Rule number 6: You cannot Use collectors somewhere where everyone can see them or they will be taken off of you

How long have you played tekkit for? I have been playing tekkit for around a year:)

If you've been banned from another server, please explain it away here:I havent been banned from a server and hopefully i never will be

Tell us something about yourself. Well im a person who likes playing tekkit with cool people and i Dont swear in public chat or any chats for that matter. but i have been searching for a good tekkit server for a while with no luck :(

IGN:bigb2066

Timezone: est

Explain, in your own words, Rule number 6: Hide it or it gets taken

How long have you played tekkit for? for a year or two

If you've been banned from another server, please explain it away here: Dont think I have been but l think my account got hacked one time and it did but i got it ironed out now.

Tell us something about yourself. I race quads(ATV's) on weekends and i love gaming and looking for a good tekkit server. I play ArmA 2 also. I have Teamspeak and Skype if you need to contact me

IGN: Roryajax

Timezone: GMT 0/ London Time

Explain, in your own words, Rule number 6: No EMC collectors visible, use at your own risk.

How long have you played tekkit for?: Haven't play for a few months, played for about a year before that

If you've been banned from another server, please explain it away here: Never been banned.

Tell us something about yourself: I love making things work, I don't care about aesthetics just functionality

IGN: JacJac129

Age:14 Although I have had a rude awakening in High School and have matured.

Timezone: Eastern (EST)

Explain, in your own words, Rule number 6: If I have any of the EE2 blocks in sight they will be taken from me by the admins

How long have you played tekkit for? About three or four months. Although I have recently taken a few month break.

If you've been banned from another server, please explain it away here: Yes I have been from a vanilla creative server. I was an admin helping someone and a made a W/E mistake that crashed the server. That is all.

Tell us something about yourself. I am 14 years old and live in New York. I love to play Minecraft and I find it to be a very interesting hobby, especially when I play it around people I enjoy talking and playing with.

IGN: PiggyFarts

Timezone: Melbourne

Explain, in your own words, Rule number 6: EE is one of the only mods that I don't like. I find it extremely OP, more than the others, although I have made an automatic diamond factory and Dark and red matter factories.

How long have you played tekkit for? Since Tekkit classic first came out.

If you've been banned from another server, please explain it away here: Non-applicable!

Tell us something about yourself. I am a experienced FTB and Tekkit player with many skills and talents to offer. I have made massive sorting machines, machinery, automatatic stuff and beautiful structures and have explored RP2, IC2 and thaumcraft as well as galaticraft and.......forestry so as so they are always revolving around in my head.

IGN: centerice1822

Timezone:Eastern

Explain, in your own words, Rule number 6: Your EE collecters etc must be out of sight from admins

How long have you played tekkit for? 1 year now :)

If you've been banned from another server, please explain it away here: Nah... im a good boy :)

Tell us something about yourself. Im 14 years old and i love to play games! I like tekkit and alot of xbox games!

IGN:joshlevy555

Timezone: GMT -5 (New York City time)

Explain, in your own words, Rule number 6: If you can see our EE stuff, you will take it away

How long have you played tekkit for? About 7 months (i think)

Tell us something about yourself. I really like tekkit, I know a lot about it, and have been looking for a very long time to find a good one with a reasonable ban item list and good community. Hope to see you on the server!

IGN: Fluffy_Duffy

Timezone: Pacific Time Zone

Explain, in your own words, Rule number 6: So first off, 'collectors' sort light sources into EMC. You can create Collector Farms to generate insane amounts of EMC for yourself but some servers don't allow this and see it as cheap and unfair (e.g. this server states in rule 7a. "This includes EMC farms!" as a dupe glitch). So, if you use collectors in a non-duped way, you must keep them inside your house/property. It doesn't quite state if the could be on your roof or not but I would assume that's ok as long as its not blatantly obvious.

How long have you played tekkit for?: I've played Tekkit on and off for about a year. I've just got back into it and I want to look for a server to play on with a good community.

If you've been banned from another server, please explain it away here: I was banned once for offering to help with someone's faction base. So I guess offering help?

Tell us something about yourself: I really enjoy the mass production side of Tekkit, and I really hope to start a factory and produce many items for the people of the world. Maybe open a chain of general stores? So really I want to play the factory aspect of Tekkit. If I can't then it's no biggie but that's what I'm hoping to play.

Thank you for looking at my resume. Hopefully I will see you on the other side soon!

-Fluffy_Duffy

Announcements

• Anything claiming to be official Technic servers are not allowed here, for obvious reasons