Saw Mill gimped

Norman1346

The saw mill used to turn a wood block into 6 wooden planks. At some point in the recent versions it changed to only make 4 planks per wood block.

This seems to make the saw mill almost useless as I can do the same in the crafting square in my inventory.

I wonder why the change was made? Was 6 planks per block deemed OP?

The sawmill even at tekkit lite was always quite useless to me, only time I ever used it was to create sawdust for a recipe.

With tree capacitor, modular power tool having a similar effect, minefactory having a auto harvester and grow system for trees, and huge trees being able to give you 'huge trees'... you can be set.

keep in mind most of these mods start with the idea that they could be the only mods installed, so they are made self sufficient. sawmill would be awesome in a modpack without something as harvesters. also why every mod has a tool specfic for it... no one knows if they'll have omniwrench installed. xD

keep in mind most of these mods start with the idea that they could be the only mods installed, so they are made self sufficient. sawmill would be awesome in a modpack without something as harvesters. also why every mod has a tool specfic for it... no one knows if they'll have omniwrench installed. xD

I thought it was awesome in this pack. It really was useful to me. Not everyone wants to run harvesters as they cause lag on bad computer. I get 10 FPS on tiny render distance BEFORE I turn on my build-craft and MFR stuff.

It seems like your logic is that since there is already one way to get wood a 2nd way is not needed. I would figure a diversity of options would make for a better mod pack.

Also if that's the logic, then why have Tree-capitator?

Some method of fooling yourself into thinking you're doing it more "naturally" by having to harvest trees yourself than the MFR machines just simply generating gobs of wood.

What are you talking about? As I said in my post I don't like to use Harvesters more than necessary because 4 fps is annoying.

I hadn't realized that. I was trying to make a funny comment about choosing to cut trees and use the saw mill over using a MFR setup that didn't take client performance into account lol

ah,NP. You know I think it might have riled me slightly because although the issue is FPS I really do enjoy chopping trees by hand and there may have been more than a grain of truth for me in your comment. I try not to mod bash but if I was going to my two least favorite mods are tree capacitor and omni-tools.

I like all the tech mods, harvesters are fine with me and so are quarries, but the short-cut mods just seem to remove game-play from the game. Its not about doing it 'naturally' but just about having to do it.

I feel like people that like those mods would also like the fictional you-win mod. The you-win mod makes your machines run without power and fills your inventory with diamonds. Then 5 minuets later it sends you a message telling you that you are the Minecraft Master and that it will now delete your world and that you should now never play games again and take no joy in life.

That may be a slight exaggeration but it communicates how I feel about them.

ah,NP. You know I think it might have riled me slightly because although the issue is FPS I really do enjoy chopping trees by hand and there may have been more than a grain of truth for me in your comment.

Yes I agree it seems more "wholesome" somehow to do it that way. What I was pointing at with my comment was in the end we're simply deluding ourselves into thinking that one way to attain the wood is better than the other when in the end they both achieve the same result, we have wood!

I think it was nerfed due to an exploit with EE3, crafting wood then transmuting it then crafting it again giving you essentially unlimited of anyhting you could get with EE3 and a minium stone. however in the early game if playing something like survival island getting that sawdust can be very very important.

I think it was nerfed due to an exploit with EE3, crafting wood then transmuting it then crafting it again giving you essentially unlimited of anyhting you could get with EE3 and a minium stone. however in the early game if playing something like survival island getting that sawdust can be very very important.

That makes sense. Its pulverized bone meal or blaze rods in an energy condenser all over again... Definitely can't have an exploit like that in the pack. Thanks for explaining that. I think your right.

It makes me sad that a perfectly balanced tech mod has to be nerfed for an OP magic one. I might have just taken out that particular EE recipe if it were up to me, but oh well.