Minecraft versions > 1.5.2

Olafski

Hey all,

I know I'm not supposed to ask about ETA, but I think this does not 100% qualify as an ETA question.

I'm wondering why the only versions of Minecraft I can select for my modpack are up to 1.5.2. Is there a specific reason for this (and as such, will this never be supported)? Or is it just that you guys haven't gotten around to it.

I spent most of my weekend getting a bunch of mods together for our new server, only to find out my favorite launcher does not support this version :( Now I'm wondering if I should wait until 1.6.2 is supported (might be worth it, considering not all mods are up to date yet), or just try to package it myself and supply installation instructions to my friends.

Thanks!

1.6 changed a lot regarding how the minecraft client and launcher operates. The Technic team is working on it, but it will most likely take some time. I run a custom mod pack server too, and I use 1.6.4 in my modpack through the regular Minecraft launcher. Just make the mods and configs folder as a zip and tell your friends to install Forge themselves for now. That's what I'm doing.

Source?

Olloth in the IRC. I believe the subject is something like that at the moment, too.

EDIT: IRC topic:

"If you have a question just ask it! | 1.6 beta launcher is being enabled TODAY! If you do NOT want your settings to automatically migrate, please select the STABLE stream. BETA AT YOUR OWN RISK | Grats Olloth, hired by Amazon"

Olloth in the IRC. I believe the subject is something like that at the moment, too.

EDIT: IRC topic:

"If you have a question just ask it! | 1.6 beta launcher is being enabled TODAY! If you do NOT want your settings to automatically migrate, please select the STABLE stream. BETA AT YOUR OWN RISK | Grats Olloth, hired by Amazon"

Better get a few things done :D

Alright guys, thanks for all the answers! Looks like I'll have to wait a bit longer. I think I'll just make a zip package for now, I'm sure I can figure out how to transfer that to the launcher later so I can update mods without having to email people all the time :)