Autospawner - ghast

Kotja

Yes and I am pretty sure this has to do with 1) the individual mob's spawn probability, which is low for ghasts and 2) viable spawn spots.

MFR machines usually scan their range block by block, so if it scans at ceiling level, there will not be any viable spawn spots. If it has finally found one, 1) will factor in.

edit: all of this considering you left enough room for ghasts to spawn

I have a 9x9x9 kill room and I have not managed to spawn a ghast for some time. Cannot tell you why to be perfectly honest. It simply stopped working from one day to the next even though I actually made more room by putting the powersupply underground.

Do you light the room with floodlights? Because the floodlights replace air with light, they do not count as viable blocks along the whole length of the beam

Nope, our experience has been that dimensional anchors and chunk loaders do not matter. Keep in mind, I'm just talking hostile mobs here, like ghasts. Cows, pigs and such (entities) will spawn when no one is nearby.

But, despite chunk loaders, mobs (creepers, zombies and such) will despawn and not spawn when no players are nearby, even if you are using an autospawner.

Ghast spawning. I've played around with this myself. Things to note:

1: A Ghast present takes up so much space that the autospawner can not find a suitable place to spawn another until the Ghast is removed.

2: They need at least a 5x5x8 room(inside dimensions) to spawn in. The auto spawner has to be taken into account due to the size of a Ghast.(effectively 5x5x7, actual dimensions are smaller)

3: Anything on the ground, that is higher then the Autospawner, can and will make spawning difficult and slow regardless of room height.. This includes conveyer belts. This might also be effected by the autospawner it's self being recessed into the floor. Mine was on top of the floor.

4: Lighting seems to have no effect, except for the mentioned floodlights.

5: Chunk loaders have no effect.(the same goes for all hostile mobs.) Other then for keeping the power supply and mob essence supply flowing.

I also learned through much trial-and-error that I had to remove my liquiduct feeding into my autospawner from above. It makes sense now that I think about it, but for some reason I just (subconsciously) figured the ghast would clip right through it.

I also learned through much trial-and-error that I had to remove my liquiduct feeding into my autospawner from above. It makes sense now that I think about it, but for some reason I just (subconsciously) figured the ghast would clip right through it.

Agreed, I wish there was some kind of block extender for MFR machines. Wiring conduit, liquiduct and level emitter makes autospawning rooms inefficient at best.

Agreed, I wish there was some kind of block extender for MFR machines. Wiring conduit, liquiduct and level emitter makes autospawning rooms inefficient at best.

So use BC piping to get the essence to the spawner and setup an iron gate to transfer a control signal. Only two faces need to be used then.